Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

morpheus

Stormy Ocean Waves

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for the heads up BigAl.

I also have the curvature shader which comes with Dpit Effex which I am trying out at the moment. It sounds like it's the same kind of thing.

Cheers

A

Guest maat

morpheus,

Just found a test I produced some years back. This was using purely procedural shaders and SPD.

It does show what can be achieved especially ramping up the SPD displacement.

If anyone on the C4D Forum understands better about how to manipulate the sine wave function for the FORMULA deformer applied to a plane - then you can use both techniques to achieve the objective.

Anyone else up for posting some tests? (also: see my sea shaders in the materials download section here at the Cafe).

Test mov enclosed.

maat.

whitecap 2.mov

Guest valkaari

the MDD is a file format for point animation. I'm using houdini and Houdini Ocean Toolkit to generate the animation and the .mdd

After that, with a simple python generator, i read the animation and change the points positions.

This is a wave rig originally from http://www.holgerbiebrach.com/?p=751

The xpresso controls are not made by me, I've just modified them a little. It would be nice to have it combined with an ocean generator or develop it further.

Wave Rig.c4d

And an animation attempt:

Wave Rig_0001.c4d

• Topic Author
  • That's a very kewl setup to make an actual crashing wave.

A

Guest maat

Zmotion,

Had a quick look at your set up and simplified the model. Using a procedural sea.

It would be good to develop this a lot further.

maat.

post-13847-0-43117600-1332458716_thumb.j

Wave Rig Revise.c4d.zip

Sorry Maat but I don't get it. You took away the rig and replace the materials. Is there a reason for not having any transparency nor a bit of fog in it? It looks a bit dark and dirty for my taste. Thanks anyway.

The best wave rig I've seen was made by Florian Witzel in Softimage. He made some kind of a "force field" that interacts freely with the mesh. Is there a way to do this in C4D?

Take a look also at his other video "Making of 'Milk' - Lighting the Waves" in the same vimeo page.

Guest maat

Zmotion.

RE: 'Sorry Maat but I don't get it. You took away the rig and replace the materials. Is there a reason for not having any transparency nor a bit of fog in it? It looks a bit dark and dirty for my taste. Thanks anyway'.

I was responding to the thread for a 'Stormy' seascape - ie: dark rough waves with white caps.

Just my input though.

Regards.

maat.

• Topic Author
  • Sorry Maat but I don't get it. You took away the rig and replace the materials. Is there a reason for not having any transparency nor a bit of fog in it? It looks a bit dark and dirty for my taste. Thanks anyway.

The best wave rig I've seen was made by Florian Witzel in Softimage. He made some kind of a "force field" that interacts freely with the mesh. Is there a way to do this in C4D?

Take a look also at his other video "Making of 'Milk' - Lighting the Waves" in the same vimeo page.

Pretty amazing looking.

If anyone could implement something for C4D, maybe Samir can sort something out in a future version of Dpit Effex.

A

Could be a nice job for Nitroman :-)

(Probably a little bit too heavy...)

A real flow simulation like in dpit effex or realflow is probably too slow?