Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ftallen

Allen Joaquin Track Randomizer Object

• Topic Author
  • Hi, yesterday i was creating an "Exploding" sphere, and i made everything fine, but now i want to parent an null object to each piece so that i can export the position data into AE and finish compositing in AE

But i can't find a way for the null object to move to the position that the ranzomizer give's to the piece it just stays in the first position it was as a spehere.

Here are some screenshots ^^U

Screenshot1

Screenshot2

Can't you just select the piece and then hold down the ALY key as you create a Null object?

I note that your profile says you have R13 Prime yet the screengrabs say R13 Broadcast.

3DKiwi

p.s. We also prefer that the cafe's attachment system be used for images although in this case your images exceed our maximum file size and resolution.

• Topic Author
  • Can't you just select the piece and then hold down the ALY key as you create a Null object?

I note that your profile says you have R13 Prime yet the screengrabs say R13 Broadcast.

3DKiwi

p.s. We also prefer that the cafe's attachment system be used for images although in this case your images exceed our maximum file size and resolution.

Sorry i fixed my profile just now!

And if you mean "Alt" key while selecting the piece i've tryed that but this happens.

The null stays on place and the positions changes so it looks weird.

I wan't it to follow the piece throught the whole procces.

Thank you for responding and i changed my profile right now i misclicked on Prime .

post-134742-0-32846000-1339274451_thumb.

You could connect the nulls via XPresso.

Thanks for updating your profile. This makes anwering questions easier.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • You could connect the nulls via XPresso.

Thanks for updating your profile. This makes anwering questions easier.

3DKiwi

How should i exactly do that? sorry i just started in Cinema 4D i'm doing the basics now and this is my first project ^^U

here's a setup that works.

• Topic Author
  • here's a setup that works.

I still don't get it. I mean i add the expreso tag on the null object which is parented to the piece i want to get the position data from , .post-134742-0-55959200-1339284991_thumb.

Then the expreso window pops up? What i need to do next is i can't find the Dynamic body state anywhere.

Sorry for my ignorance.

OK, on your original post you had one dynamics tag on the Fracture object. Are you now going to place a dynamics tag on each object? You don't really have to. Maybe it doesn't matter. Since I don't have your file I can't really tell the best way to set this up.

Anyway, if you do use the Fracture object, put your Xpresso tag on that. It doesn't matter where it goes except for keeping your scene so you can find things. You can also just place a null in the scene to hold your Xpresso Tag.

One thing you need to do is when you place fragment into null, you need to make sure null's axis lines up with the fragment, so, in order to do this, once you've placed fragment into null, select fragment and go to Mesh>Axis Center>Center Parent to. That way the null will now be in same position as fragment.

Ok, so once you get into the Xpresso window, right-click and go to new node>dynamics>dynamics body state. On that node click on the blue box in upper left hand corner and choose object index. Then click on red box in upper right corner and choose both position and rotation. Then click on node and go to attributes manager and either drag the fracture object into the object field if your dynamics tag is on fracture object. if you are going to place a dynamics tag on each fragment then drag that particular fragment into the object field.

Now, grab your null object in the object manager and click and drag the null from the object manager into the Xpresso window. Once there, a node for that null will show up. Click on upper blue box of null node and choose Global position and global rotation from coordinates. Then connect them together, position to g-postion and rotation to G-rotation like in my screenshot. Then test it out and see if it works.

Because I don't have the Thrausi plugin on this computer, I had to test with a Cloner object and a Fracture object to see if I could get the null to stay with a dynamic object and it worked with this Xpresso setup. Without the cloner or fracture object, all i had to do was make the null a child (instead of a parent) of the dynamic object and it worked without Xpresso. I can't explain why the cloner/fracture object changes everything but it seems to.

So, there is one other thing you must be aware of. The reason I had you choose "object index" in the Dynamic body state node was because every object within a cloner has a number assigned, an object index. I am assuming it is the same within a fracture object. So, the clones start with the first one being "0" and they go up from there. So if you have 20 clones your index numbers will range from 0 to 19. If you click on dynamics node in Xpresso window, then go to attributes manager, you will see a parameter for object index where you can put in the number for that object. This probably won't be necessary if you ar placing a dynamics tag on each piece.

I wish I knew more about Xpresso because there may be a way to use the iterator node to simplify things, but I don't know enough. Maybe 3DKiwi will check back. he would know if the iterator node would work and simplify the process, otherwise you will have to hook up this Xpresso for each and every fragment and null.

All the best!

• Topic Author
  • Thank you for the extense information. !

I've followed everything correctly Added my expreso tag to the Fracture object(inside that fracture object there is the whole pieces and each piece i want to track) but when i right click and go to New Mode i only have

>Expreso

>Motion Graphics.

There's no Dynamics.

In any case I uploaded the Project here so you can take a look: http://www.mediafire.com/?1apf18da9vd7pcc

Thank you Again.

post-134742-0-35673000-1339328968_thumb.

Ah, I guess because you have "broadcast" you do not have access to "dynamics" nodes. I am not sure how you would do it without dynamics node. Maybe someone esle will know. I will give it more thought, but I already tried a constraint tag and that didn't work either. What is the problem with using the position info from the actual fragment in AE?

• Topic Author
  • Ah, I guess because you have "broadcast" you do not have access to "dynamics" nodes. I am not sure how you would do it without dynamics node. Maybe someone esle will know. I will give it more thought, but I already tried a constraint tag and that didn't work either. What is the problem with using the position info from the actual fragment in AE?

Yeah the fact is i want to get the null object to be in the same position all the time as the fragment so i can then bake the posiiton of the null object create the aec data file import it into AE with the camera and everything and then i will be able to add more stuff to that fragment in a 3D space inside of AE like a Screen let's say instead of the fragment i want a screen with a video inside i'd be able to position it right and do it properly if i had the 3D data that null object gives me.

Thanks for all the help thought ^^

I just did an experiment which should work. With the dynamics tag on your fracture object, just bake your fragment simulation. Then, remove all fragments from the Fracture object and place the exact number of nulls into the Fracture object. Set the nulls to something you can see well, like a cube, and enlarge. The nulls occupy the exact position of the object that had been baked.

here's a simple file that I used a cube, sphere, and torus to bake dynamics with some wind, then placed a null in the fracture object for each object and removed the objects.