Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tompotato

Camera and text help

• Topic Author
  • Hi i have a problem with some thing with my C4D Studio 12

I have a motext and a background right and when ever i want to render it its fine but when i do the text moves with the camera. How do i make the text stay still and the camera only move .

Here is what im talking about. Its only 2 sec cause i keep on X'ing it out but youll see it if u put it on full screen

Done iCe.mov

You'll need to upload a scene file I suspect, so people can see what you are doing

• Topic Author
  • You'll need to upload a scene file I suspect, so people can see what you are doing

here u go, Oh yea sometimes when i render it the text is zoom in like 40% and i dont know how to fix it

hELP.c4d

Your text is not moving so I don't know what you are referring to. Click out of your active camera and zoom out in your scene so you can see all elements, including camera, and make sure camera is not filtered out in viewport, then hit play. Camera moves around text and text is perfectly still.

maybe I don't understand question.

• Topic Author
  • Your text is not moving so I don't know what you are referring to. Click out of your active camera and zoom out in your scene so you can see all elements, including camera, and make sure camera is not filtered out in viewport, then hit play. Camera moves around text and text is perfectly still.

Did u dowload the mp4 file ?

• Topic Author
  • Your text is not moving so I don't know what you are referring to. Click out of your active camera and zoom out in your scene so you can see all elements, including camera, and make sure camera is not filtered out in viewport, then hit play. Camera moves around text and text is perfectly still.

maybe you should render it

Yes, I downloaded the mp4. I think maybe what you are wanting to achieve is to have the type "appear" as if it is not moving while the camera moves. To do that, just make your type a child of the camera. That way the type will "appear" to be in the exact same position no matter where the camera is looking.

• Topic Author
  • Yes, I downloaded the mp4. I think maybe what you are wanting to achieve is to have the type "appear" as if it is not moving while the camera moves. To do that, just make your type a child of the camera. That way the type will "appear" to be in the exact same position no matter where the camera is looking.

Ok, im new to this so, how do you make it a child to the camera and one more thing how do i fix the rendering problem i still have i told u about

Sorry, the other file was in R13 and I failed to notice you are working in R12.

Download this file which is R12

and look at "camera" object in object manager, you will see that the "text" has been placed as a "child" of camera. That means you drag your text onto the camera in object manager which places it as a child of camera. (In the file you posted you have a bunch of "nulls" as "children" of your camera.)

Play animation to make sure that this is what you are trying to do.

As far as rendering problem, I have no idea what you mean. You only mentioned about text "moving." That problem is solved. Not sure what you mean about rendering problem. Please be more specific as I did not see a "rendering" problem in your short movie and your "help" file was missing the "terminal.mp4" material so all that rendered was your text and it looked fine.

• Topic Author
  • Sorry, the other file was in R13 and I failed to notice you are working in R12.

Download this file which is R12

and look at "camera" object in object manager, you will see that the "text" has been placed as a "child" of camera. That means you drag your text onto the camera in object manager which places it as a child of camera. (In the file you posted you have a bunch of "nulls" as "children" of your camera.)

Play animation to make sure that this is what you are trying to do.

As far as rendering problem, I have no idea what you mean. You only mentioned about text "moving." That problem is solved. Not sure what you mean about rendering problem. Please be more specific as I did not see a "rendering" problem in your short movie and your "help" file was missing the "terminal.mp4" material so all that rendered was your text and it looked fine.

My rendering problem is when i think everything is done and stuff and i put my render stuff in and render it the text is larger then it is when i preview it and somtimes out of place every time i preview render it. it shows what i like put when i actually render the text is larger is what i mean

Rendering in Viewport is not that same as final render. The viewport renders everything as the final render only renders area designated in "render settings."

see screenshot 1

To help see the render area better in viewport, darken the borders.

See screenshot 2

Just remember though, even though the borders are darker in the viewport, C4D will still render entire viewport when rendering "active View." When you do final render, it will render exactly inside the border area. At least with borders darker, you should have abetter idea of what you are going to get.

• Topic Author
  • Rendering in Viewport is not that same as final render. The viewport renders everything as the final render only renders area designated in "render settings."

see screenshot 1

To help see the render area better in viewport, darken the borders.

See screenshot 2

Just remember though, even though the borders are darker in the viewport, C4D will still render entire viewport when rendering "active View." When you do final render, it will render exactly inside the border area. At least with borders darker, you should have abetter idea of what you are going to get.

Ok ive fix the camera problem big thank you for that but i still can fix the rendering part