Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tompotato

Camera and text help

I'm not sure how to help you with the rendering problem because I can't quite understand what the problem is. I can't see any problem in the movie you uploaded and the file you uploaded renders fine, so I am at a loss here to help you further. Could you post two screenshots that show the difference in your renders and make a not on each as to how you rendered and what is wrong? That might help.

• Topic Author
  • I'm not sure how to help you with the rendering problem because I can't quite understand what the problem is. I can't see any problem in the movie you uploaded and the file you uploaded renders fine, so I am at a loss here to help you further. Could you post two screenshots that show the difference in your renders and make a not on each as to how you rendered and what is wrong? That might help.

ok here

The one that renders and is not what i want -

The one that i like but dosent show up-

Tompotato, I can't seem to recreate the problem you are having. I looked at your screenshots and they are indeed very curious. I used your original file, placed your type as a child of camera, and uploaded my own image (yours is missing) and you can look at my screenshots. The file renders the viewport exactly (one shot is viewport unrendered and other rendered.) Not sure what the problem is.

[the one that i like but doesn't show up-] Are you saying that the image you want doesn't (show up) "render" at all, or it doesn't render the way you want it to?

• Topic Author
  • Tompotato, I can't seem to recreate the problem you are having. I looked at your screenshots and they are indeed very curious. I used your original file, placed your type as a child of camera, and uploaded my own image (yours is missing) and you can look at my screenshots. The file renders the viewport exactly (one shot is viewport unrendered and other rendered.) Not sure what the problem is.

[the one that i like but doesn't show up-] Are you saying that the image you want doesn't (show up) "render" at all, or it doesn't render the way you want it to?

when i want to render it and i like the place it is in, it dosent show up to the right place when i render it

• Topic Author
  • Tompotato, I can't seem to recreate the problem you are having. I looked at your screenshots and they are indeed very curious. I used your original file, placed your type as a child of camera, and uploaded my own image (yours is missing) and you can look at my screenshots. The file renders the viewport exactly (one shot is viewport unrendered and other rendered.) Not sure what the problem is.

here is an Excellent example - The one i like -http://gyazo.com/364d134a8ff53b2d089b0620b98956f0

The messed up one- http://gyazo.com/90473c2101255ac382c45ff5dfc590fd

https://vimeo.com/45368161

I downloaded your file again, then rendered out about 5 seconds of your animation and it seems to be fine. Click on vimeo link and see what I mean.

All I changed in your file was I put a video into your color channel to take the place of your "terminal.mp4" video. I had to change the font because I do not have the font you used. I also added the red cylinders so you can see that the camera is still moving even though the type and the background is not, which it shouldn't using a "background" object. I made the type a child of the camera, then repositioned the font in the center of the frame and rendered. It seemed to work fine.

You might try rebuilding your file since it is not too complex. You may have something corrupted, or just download your file from the cafe and try again by first making type a child of camera and then repositioning type where you want it in frame. That's what i did and it worked fine. I didn't change any of your render settings, compositing tag, or keyframes on camera or the nulls you have in camera object.

• Topic Author
  • https://vimeo.com/45368161

I downloaded your file again, then rendered out about 5 seconds of your animation and it seems to be fine. Click on vimeo link and see what I mean.

All I changed in your file was I put a video into your color channel to take the place of your "terminal.mp4" video. I had to change the font because I do not have the font you used. I also added the red cylinders so you can see that the camera is still moving even though the type and the background is not, which it shouldn't using a "background" object. I made the type a child of the camera, then repositioned the font in the center of the frame and rendered. It seemed to work fine.

You might try rebuilding your file since it is not too complex. You may have something corrupted, or just download your file from the cafe and try again by first making type a child of camera and then repositioning type where you want it in frame. That's what i did and it worked fine. I didn't change any of your render settings, compositing tag, or keyframes on camera or the nulls you have in camera object.

i download the files this is what i mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOuJv9FCMBE

Your issue is one of "Motion Tracking" within C4D, in which everything I've told you is wrong. You will not get the desired effect by placing your type in the camera object. Watch the youtube video closely, the camera is definitely rotating around the text, even though the text is visually "fixed" to the video behind it. I have done motion tracking in Final Cut Pro's Motion, but I have never attempted it in C4D. My advice to you is, repost here on the Cafe and say you want help with "Motion Tracking" within C4D, that you want your text to appear as if it is in the Video scene just like this video you posted and someone will be able to steer you in the right direction. AND REPOST THIS VIDEO IN NEW THREAD. IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING. But don't say your text is moving and all that as it is confusing. I understand now what you mean, that you want the type "fixed" but not to the camera, to the video in background as if the type is actually in the video scene.

All the best.

• Topic Author
  • Your issue is one of "Motion Tracking" within C4D, in which everything I've told you is wrong. You will not get the desired effect by placing your type in the camera object. Watch the youtube video closely, the camera is definitely rotating around the text, even though the text is visually "fixed" to the video behind it. I have done motion tracking in Final Cut Pro's Motion, but I have never attempted it in C4D. My advice to you is, repost here on the Cafe and say you want help with "Motion Tracking" within C4D, that you want your text to appear as if it is in the Video scene just like this video you posted and someone will be able to steer you in the right direction. AND REPOST THIS VIDEO IN NEW THREAD. IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING. But don't say your text is moving and all that as it is confusing. I understand now what you mean, that you want the type "fixed" but not to the camera, to the video in background as if the type is actually in the video scene.

All the best.

Thank You So much and same as to you too