Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Timmeh

.avi File Won't Load

Guest Timmeh
  • Topic Author
  • Hi,

Using C4D for the first time, I have been trying to import a .AVI file onto a texture, as per in 3DKiwi's tutorial; however, when I import the file, instead of the little grey sphere turning to the colours of the first frame of the video, it turns black. After I have set the texture on the background, and go through the frames... Everything is still black.

I have tried .MP4's, to the same result. When I attempt to import a .tiff, I have clicked on the first frame, clicked OK and I get only that first image that I clicked on.

This is proving very confusing, and any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Stay with your AVI (instead of Mp4) and reload your movie into your texture field, then go to the editor tab of you material (by double clicking material) and switch "animate preview" on. It could be that the first frame of your video is black, and if you don't have that switched on, c4d will only show you the first frame (no matter what frame the playhead is on) unless you render to Picture Viewer. You can't just render the viewport and get an update on video until you switch that on.

Hopefully that's all it is.

if it still doesn't work, try converting your video to .mov

all the best!

Guest Timmeh
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks for the reply.

I have tried what you said, but to no avail. It turns out that the first 4 frames or so of my video clip were indeed black, so I went into Vegas and got rid of them. So the first frame was definitely colour. I then still tried what you said, but the sphere remains black.

I suppose I'll try converting to a .mov then. I am on Windows, so can anyone recommend a suitable program with which to convert files into .mov files please?

Thanks