Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Moocat

maya tutorials

Guest Moocat
  • Topic Author
  • hey, i just learned alot of cinema 4d from 3dkiwi's awesome tutorials, and now i'm starting to learn how to use maya (even though its so much more complicated)

i've been scouring the net for the type of video tutorials 3dkiwi made for c4d, and really couldn't find anything good at ALL. does anyone have any ideas of where to go for this type of thing? alot of the ones i've found are not free, or the free ones just suck.

thanks to everyone :P

My guess is to ask in a Maya forum.

Sounds like you're looking for the Maya equivalent of C4D Cafe!!

3DKiwi

Guest Moocat
  • Topic Author
  • this is true, but most maya forums i've found were completely unhelpful. :\

Basically go to cgtalk. Ask there. Then go to www.lynda.com i think it is and they might have video tuts there. But you'll have to pay.

Basically I think c4d cafe is unique in that way. It has great tutorials, and they are free.

Maya is for professionals, so it's expected that they are earning alot of money from it and hence they charge for the tuts.

Oh yeah, unlike c4d there are alot of good free written tutorials. yeah they arn't video, but there are tonnes of them. Unlike c4d.

Guest Moocat
  • Topic Author
  • i haven't even found much in the way of written tutorials. not good ones anyway. alot of it isn't aimed towards beginners, like it is here. that's what i love about this site :) i'm kinda bummed by c4d's animation thing, its very linear as opposed to maya where you can first keyframe general ideas then go back and do details

Maya Cafe anyone? Doesn't have that ring to it. Think I've got enough on my plate!!

3DKiwi

Guest bluepulse
  • Topic Author
  • As far as I'm concerned their are no tutorials that can compare with 3D Kiwis. I used to be a Silver member with alias and though they have many tuts, none are as easy to follow as Kiwis'. Between Crew, Kiwi and the rest of this community, why go anywhere else?

I'm sure there's free ones out there but my guess is that Maya is more usually taken up by people with some previous experience with other apps.

Let's get back to and focus on C4D please. Maya questions should be posted in Maya forums. However if someone migrating from Maya to C4D want to ask a few questions, fire away!!

Thread closed.

3DKiwi