Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3DKiwi

9.5 Install problems

• Topic Author
  • Finally my 9.5 update arrived today. Woohoo!! However I get the following error message. Maybe I've been sent a core version only upgrade? Anyone else had problems upgrading? I'm running a 9.1 Studio bundle.

Thanks

3DKiwi

Finally my 9.5 update arrived today.  Woohoo!!  However I get the following error message.  Maybe I've been sent a core version only upgrade?  Anyone else had problems upgrading?  I'm running a 9.1 Studio bundle.

Thanks

3DKiwi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

3DKiwi,

What did you order? I have been confused by the MAXON upgrade page in that it just has one choice for 9.1 to 9.5 upgrade for all versions of the software (XL and Studio). From talking to the service rep, she said that one upgrade is provided for all versions...so my expectation was that if you only had core, then the installer only upgrades core. If you had XL, then both core and advance render get updated. Finally if you had Studio, then core, advanced render and Bodypaint get updated (and somewhere along the way Sky gets loaded).

But this error message flies in the face of that thinking....so now I am really confused. Please let me know what you find out as I am sure that you will dealing with them tomorrow.

Thanks,

Dave Angelini

My CD for my 9.5 upgrade says, "Upgrade BIG". Just like that, with big in capital letters. And it installed and operates fine. All modules updated.

• Topic Author
  • Well, I'm just a little dude so my CD says "Upgrade SML" and the paperwork says "Upgrade CD Small". Guess mine is a core version upgrade.

I guess size counts eh!!

I'm sure they will help me resize!!

Cheers

3DKiwi

Well, I'm just a little dude so my CD says "Upgrade SML" and the paperwork says "Upgrade CD Small".  Guess mine is a core version upgrade.

I guess size counts eh!!

I'm sure they will help me resize!!

Cheers

3DKiwi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We're talking about the software right?

• Topic Author
  • Naturally ;)

:blink:

Guest MilesBaskett

lol!

• Topic Author
  • Thread closed in the interests of good taste!! Obviously I need a replacement CD.

3DKiwi