Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest robmac

Cloner Object / Spline - Around Inside Edge Of Spline

Guest robmac
  • Topic Author
  • Subject line pretty much says it all.

I've got a spline or some text. I want to put some spheres inside the text, regularly spaced.

I've used a Cloner set to object mode with the object set to the spline of the first character I want to effect.

The cloned spheres attach themselves so they're centered on the spline. I've tried all sorts of deformers, can't figure out how to get the clones to move in a little... A bit like the other image I've attached...

Any advice?

post-103380-0-68760200-1344612151_thumb.

post-103380-0-80454200-1344612172_thumb.

Guest Harrybee
  • Topic Author
  • Use the sphere in a Null Object and move the Null-Object and Sphere under the Clone Object.

Now you can adjust the position of the sphere.

CU ;-)

Edit: Or you use the transformation tab (e.g negative value in P.X field) in the cloner object to move the spheres a little bit inside.

CU ;-)

or adjusting the position in the transform tab should work?

Guest robmac
  • Topic Author
  • There's something wrong with me. I swear I tried the transform tab already, but after reading your post, I tried a fresh cloner and it worked as expected. So annoying when that happens!

Thank you :)

Guest robmac
  • Topic Author
  • The only problem with transforming is that it causes the clones to overlap if you scale down to fit inside the spline.

I suppose I could draw a spline inside the larger spline - but is there a better way to achieve this with even clones?