Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nicks

Sketch & Toon - Rendering Hidden Lines

• Topic Author
  • Hi All,

I've been away from C4d for about a year now, and have missed it sorely!!!

I am working on a little job at the moment using Sketch and Toon, which I'd just started experimenting with before I stopped using C4d.

I have finished my model, and want to render some columns as transparent... I know that there is a global setting in the render settings to render hidden surfaces as a particular shader, but is there a way of applying this to specific objects, so the scene renders as normal, but my columns will render transparent?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick

TYPICAL!

As soon as I posted, I saw the setting!!

Cheers,

Nick

nicks....wouldn't mind hearing what the setting were myself. Do you have a sample setup.

Thanks,

Russ

• Topic Author
  • Yeah, happy to spread the good word.

Set up a sketch shader for the front faces, and another for the back faces (maybe call them something really inventive like FRONT and BACK).

Apply a Sketch tag to your object, and under the LINES tab, drag in your Front sketch style to the DEFAULTS VISIBLE field, and the BACK style into the DEFAULT HIDDEN field.

THe rear faces will now render out... I made my BACK texture a thinner, lighter grey.

If you want the object to render out transparent, got to the SHADING tab, and click ENABLE, and select OFF from the pull down menu.

I've done a quick scene showing how the different settings work (see attached).

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers,

Nick

Transparent S+T.c4d