Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest CilfrewBoyo

Need Help Modelling/sculpting On C4D R13

I wish I had R13. I have downloaded the R14 demo so I will have a look on that when I get round to

installing it. I think there was some changes but I haven't used that version. Small things, but I see how

this can cause confusion. But you see, this is what everyone is trying to explain, if you get the basics

down then you will be ok. If you understood the purpose of symmetry and how it worked and why he

was using it, you would have seen that was right and wouldnt have done it again. This is again where

youtube falls short compared to other training. You are just pretty much following along with no idea

why you are doing things, and you arent gonna learn much. You might have a cool controller at the

end, but thats about it. You might twig on to a few things yourself, but if you invest some time in watching

proper training you will learn more of the why's...as well as the hows.

:ohmy: You remodelled the whole thing again? Oh well, extra practice I guess.

Please do keep in mind subdividing for next time.

I agree that you should finish it now....especially now that you have made it a few times :lol:

You will get there. C4D Cafe is always here to help with any questions that may arise. If I come across

some R13 training that I think you might benefit from I will let you know here.

Guest Harrybee
  • Topic Author
  • You could start with the printed Quick start tutorial from the C4D Box and then check the tutorials from the C4D Online help.

This should give you a very good start point in C4D.

CU and have a great day.

Guest CilfrewBoyo
  • Topic Author
  • Of course I will be ok if I get the basics down, as everyone explained, but, as I explained, I could follow every tutorial for C4D R12 and earlier from the very beginning and still need to ask questions because the layout is different in R13. If I was to learn C4D from scratch using tutorials for R12 and earlier without having to ask questions then I'd need version R12 or earlier. R12 tutorials can't answer queries about R13. It would be different if I had version R12 and had already learned how to use it from R12 tutorials, then following R12 tutorials on R13 wouldn't be so difficult. But I'm starting fresh with R13, so to make it easier I need R13 tutorials. Does that make any sense lol??? :geek:

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • i think you are misunderstanding what the basics are.

basics are what tools, commands etc.. there are in c4d and what they do. (not where they are)

once you know that it wont matter where the tools are (the layout) youll now what tools there is so then youll now for example

"i want the knife tool so where would that be."

it cuts mesh so ill look in the "Mesh" menu

and what is it, its a tool so i will look in the "Create Tool" menu

and by learning the basics you know all that plus now you also know how to use it.

Guest CilfrewBoyo
  • Topic Author
  • Nope I think I fully understand what they mean by the basics. I would still prefer tutorials intended for the version I use instead of for other versions as it makes sense, though I'll get by with the other tutorials if I have to. I haven't done too bad up to now considering I hadn't even designed a single graphic in any application whatsoever on a PC until January this year, but I suppose my background in Z80a machine code programming gave me a head start in learning things like this. Cheers dude :-)

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • your saying you cant follow the tut you find because there for older version.

my point was thats why people are saying learn the basics i.e the tool etc...

so then you dont need to know the old layout because youll know where to look for the tools in the new layout.

there are tut in the help file for the new layout so if you go through and learn where the tools are in the new layout you can find them when you follow old tut.

Guest CilfrewBoyo
  • Topic Author
  • Well actually my first question was asking where I could find tutorials for R13 because I was having trouble following tutorials, hence the tutorials I'm trying to find will teach me the basics!

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • actually you asked for tut on how to model/sculpt in r13.

most if not all tut that show you how to model something dont teach you the basics because that is something they feel you should have learnt first.

which you can learn from the help menu and the manual you get in your r13 box.

and i know what your saying is there arent a lot of r13 tut but the people that would make them have already made the same tut for older version which would be a lot of work to make again.

Guest CilfrewBoyo
  • Topic Author
  • What basics are you talking about? I thought when you said basics you meant the basics of modelling? I've already learnt some of the basics of C4D like navigating the viewport, producing text, materials, lighting, animating keyframes etc. (see video link to one of my animations above) and now I want to move onto modelling as I assume this is the next level. I've been looking for tutorials on basic modelling and I've already gone through a few. Tutorials on basic modelling should show you the basics of what are needed to model, which they do, but some are confusing because they are not made for version R13. Since starting with the basic modelling tutorials I have learnt about the different modes of editing, like point, edge and polygon etc., and I'm starting to scratch the surface of modelling but I have a long way to go, which is why I'm looking for tutorials. There are either tutorials for R13 or there aren't. I wanted to know if there were any available. If you know of any let me know. Cheers :-)

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • once you know the tools there are no tut you need.

just need to practice.

get an image/ref of something you want to model (start with a cup first) then try to model it.

if you get it wrong then delete you scene and start again

this was the first thing i finished after learning the tools in c4d (not learning how to model)

post-21531-0-30757400-1346251262_thumb.j