Display Question

Guest mabinogi

Guest mabinogi

When I have created an object, then used a shader, it does not show on the object, unless I render view. I have checked all of my materials, and could not find out how to get that to show. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Guest Harrybee

You could upload your reduced and zipped C4D file.

If you use a picture jpg, png, tif or whatever picture format in the material then please add this to the zip file.

(I think I need a macro on my keyboard for this text above :lol: )

CU and have a great day.

Guest mabinogi

@ HarryBee: Very subtle! When I figure out how to do that, I will let you know. My problem is this: I have a very expensive piece of software that is not doing what it is supposed to do! I have done everything I am supposed to do. The properties show that my graphics card has everything needed to run Open GL AND Enhanced GL (see attachment)!. But it shuts down whenever I change screens, use multiple screens as well as when I was following a tutorial using Mograph. I just want some answers; I believe I am entitled. Thanks!

BTW: I did not have this problem with R12.

post-138514-0-18519700-1346249379_thumb.

Guest dataflow

there is probably your problem right there in that screen grab.

you have an intel card which arent design for 3d graphics.

im no expert and just going from being around this forum for many years.

a lot of people get angry or frustrated at the app but in most cases its the hardware in the computer that is causing the problems

Guest mabinogi

OK, then why does the system say "your graphics card has all necessary extensions to run Open GL"? As I mentioned I have no problems whatsoever running Version R12 with "that" card. So my question remains, "why say so if it ain't?"

Guest mabinogi

Well...that's interesting, because last week I ordered a new card, and it arrived today. I installed the new card (Sapphire 7750 HD, 1GB, DDR5, low profile) and it is still crashing. I do believe it is time for me to contact MAXON; I am sure there is someone there who is more knowledgeable of these things.

Well...that's interesting, because last week I ordered a new card, and it arrived today. I installed the new card (Sapphire 7750 HD, 1GB, DDR5, low profile) and it is still crashing. I do believe it is time for me to contact MAXON; I am sure there is someone there who is more knowledgeable of these things.

Likely because the latest drivers are ######. I suggest running Catalyst 11.2 like I am.

3DKiwi

Guest mabinogi

Likely because the latest drivers are ######. I suggest running Catalyst 11.2 like I am.

3DKiwi

Not likely at all, considering they were updated recently. I need and answer, and all you seem to be able to provide are "maybe's". I may not be computer savvy, but I DO know what's required to keep it running smoothly.

Archived