Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Graz

3D Spreader Plates

Guest Graz
  • Topic Author
  • Hello everyone,

Im trying modeling a spreader plates (*see pic attached) how can i create those "concave" on the plane?

I couldnt find anything helpful on youtube...

Thanks!

post-139759-0-88764300-1346249535_thumb.

Admin

Model one? :)

That is simple modeling operation on one object that would include just moving and edge loop on the plane under HyperNurbs? Then, if needed, bevel it to get the proper arc.

To avoid repetition, I would suggest you model "one" and clone it in linear fashion. That way you can adjust the size as you wish.

Cheers

You could also draw a spline (I prefer Illustrator) to create the profile, then just extrude. If you want to add thickness, make the spline as a loop. There is an Offset Path tool in Illustrator that does this in one click. I suppose you could also use the Cloth NURBS tool to add thickness too.

Guest JimW
  • Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

HSrdelic, would you not go with an extruded spline under a cloth nurbs for thickness? If so why not? I'm not as skilled at HyperNurbs modeling, so that's my first

instinct - valid approach? Pitfalls?

*edit - Al we posted at the same time. :)

Thanks,

Jim

I would say depends on what will happen with that model. If it will be deformed in any way, then doing HSrdelic's way provides for better deformation and less material distortion.

Guest JimW
  • Topic Author

I would say depends on what will happen with that model. If it will be deformed in any way, then doing HSrdelic's way provides for better deformation and less material distortion.

I suppose so. It looks like some sort of siding though to me, but who knows.

Guest Graz
  • Topic Author

I actually did this way (to make the curve) i created a circle and delete 2 point (without close the spline), duplicate and then Loft Nurbs....

This is how it looks now (see pic attached)....Im just wondering how can i add thickness? i cant find this Cloth Nurbs on my c4d.... any other way?

Thanks!!

post-139759-0-58760000-1346321715_thumb.

Guest Graz
  • Topic Author

i actually found the cloth nurbs, was under Simulation. Everything sorted thanks a lot guys!