Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LEMMiNO

Problem With Cloth...

• Topic Author
  • Hi, I have a character who's wearing a pair of pants. These pants have a cloth tag on them. When the character is standing still, everything works fine, the cloth works as it should. The problem occurs when I start to move/animate the character. For example move an arm or a leg.

Below is an image of my problem. As you can see, the pants are streched out very unnaturally when I move the leg and doesn't follow along. The stiffness is at 100%. I've played around with iterations, and even tried ridicolous amounts such as 20000 to no avail. What am I missing here?

post-140654-0-25962000-1347376040_thumb.

Any chance you could post a scene file? Cloth can be a bit tricky and can require some fine tuning of EPS in expert tab. Also, the topology of the cloth itself and the collider plays major role...

Cheers

• Topic Author
  • Any chance you could post a scene file? Cloth can be a bit tricky and can require some fine tuning of EPS in expert tab. Also, the topology of the cloth itself and the collider plays major role...

Cheers

Yes of course, if you find the time to check it out, here is the scene file:

http://www.speedyshare.com/rMFWu/FlyingTest.c4d

There are couple of problems :)

First is that you have too dense mesh, Hypernurbs which you can get rid of, forces that are to strong.

Simply turn of wind and gravity, or use very conservative amounts, reduce the geometry on the mesh, delete the hypernurbs and set iterations to 10. Also, make sure you default everything on expert tab before tacklig EPS settings..

This will give you good ground to fine tune to what you want. EPS settings will depend on the mesh component relation to each other in terms of size and distance.

Cheers

• Topic Author
  • There are couple of problems :)

First is that you have too dense mesh, Hypernurbs which you can get rid of, forces that are to strong.

Simply turn of wind and gravity, or use very conservative amounts, reduce the geometry on the mesh, delete the hypernurbs and set iterations to 10. Also, make sure you default everything on expert tab before tacklig EPS settings..

This will give you good ground to fine tune to what you want. EPS settings will depend on the mesh component relation to each other in terms of size and distance.

Cheers

Thanks for checking this out. I guess the main problem is the mesh then as I would suspect that, more polys equals more elasticity? Just a guess though...

The reason why wind and such are a little high is because it's supposed to simulate the character falling through the air, thus the pants needs to be very turbulent. But I guess I need to find a better middleground for the wind and iterations settings in combination with the reduced mesh as both are quite high.

One question though, is it better to use a seperate Wind effector, instead of the internal forces on the cloth? If that's even possible?