Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MatthewPike

How Do You Make Objects The Centre Of The Cameras View

• Topic Author
  • I need to make an object the centre of the camera, but the camera isnt in the centre of the scene, is there a plugin for this or even a built in thing that can help me with this? I must keep the camera in the same place!

It's a bit vague, what you are asking. Stab in the dark time. Add a target tag to the camera and drop the object that you want the camera to look at in the target object field.

• Topic Author
  • hmm, its difficult to explain! and no that moves the camera :S

You want to move the object to where the camera is pointing? I'm sure there is an easier way but I would just select my object and then move it within the bounds of the camera cone from the different views (Top, Right, Front, etc) until it was where I needed it.

you could select your object you want to center, and select the 'transfer' tool, and transfer it to your camera. It will snap at the exact same positiion as your camera, all you need to do now is move your object along the Z-axis, away from the camera.

If what you want is to center the camera on an object, activate the camera, select the object on the Object Manager and press the shortcut O.

This will position the camera pointing at the selected object.

If that's not what you want... you might find it useful :-)

Just activate "reset PSR" with the object under the camera in the hierarchy and as previously stated move it only on the Z axis. I use reset PSR almost habitually when modeling. It is found under the character tools.