Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest craigboldy

Camera Views Please Help!

Guest craigboldy
  • Topic Author
  • Hey people. i'm new to C4D i'm using r14 broadcast and iv noticed that when i click the square in to right corner to got to 4 way view the cameras do not match up. 

Iv inported a picture to use as blue prints but no of the views match how do I set them up or change them? 

Hope so one can help me out with this as its holding me up :o( 

iv attached a picture to show which camera im on about but you can really see what issue is on them.

post-151592-0-36187600-1362341654_thumb.

If you choose a view (top, right, front) and hit shift-V (on a Mac) it will bring up the window you see in my screenshot. You can see that there is a field for uploading an image. Upload your image say to the front view to start, then put a cube in your scene and center your mage to that cube, then get proportions of your cube (but don't move the cube) to the proportions of your apple display and tweak position of you image so it fits cube exactly from the front view. With that cube sized correctly, go to you other viewports (top and back) and do the same thing, always sizing and positioning your image to the cube (you'll have to adjust thickness of cube in top/side view to match thickness of apple display, but you shouldn't have to touch cube for back view). When you are finished with adjusting your images in the viewports you can delete the cube (or just hide it) or use it to start your modeling and all your images should be proportional and lined up correctly.

Good answer and if that's not enough we've got a tutorial on doing it.

Cheers

3DKiwi

Guest craigboldy
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks thats been a real big help :)