Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest saltorio

Fur/hair Bald Spot

Guest saltorio   
Guest saltorio

I'm a relative C4D noob, and I've never really touched the hair and fur tools before. I've been playing around with the Fur and Hair tools on an old model I have, and I have a bald spots where fur/hair simply will not appear. I've checked the polygons to ensure their normals are facing the right way, and even converted the hyperNURBS to a mesh, but the problem persists. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's hair or fur that I use.

Any suggestions/ideas would be much appreciated.

post-132818-0-94537200-1371094283_thumb.

post-132818-0-58301800-1371094303_thumb.

srek    6

In the wireframe, are those the guides? If yes they are way to few. You need enough for an interpolation between them to create a realistic hair direction. On your object huge parts don't have any guides and as expected the hair is completely wrong in those areas.

3DKiwi    304

Check your low poly mesh with the HyperNurbs object disabled. You'll see that you have intersecting polygons, the result being that some guides face inwards (increase your guide count, change to a wireframe display mode and you'll see this. You need to avoid this before adding the hair. That should resolve things.

3DKiwi

Guest saltorio   
Guest saltorio

In the wireframe, are those the guides? If yes they are way to few. You need enough for an interpolation between them to create a realistic hair direction. On your object huge parts don't have any guides and as expected the hair is completely wrong in those areas.

Hmm... I figured the guides may have been an issue, but at one point tried upping them and thought it odd that it didn't seem to want to take. However, I was able to up the guide count this time, and then straightened the hairs (which seemed to be the other issue). That seems to of rectified things.

3DKiwi: I knew about the intersecting polygons, but figured that wasn't the issue as the bald spots weren't where the intersections were happening. I know it's a messy mesh (as I mentioned, it's an old model I made as a HyperNURBS test a decade ago), and may end up re-creating it at some point.

Thanks again!