Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pneuma

? About Exploding Individual Object Into Cubes Using Mograph..tron Style

• Topic Author
  •  I am trying to get the yellow light cycle I made to collide with a huge cube and explode into xray style cubes as in tron legacy... I set up a collider body on the cube itself and made the light cycle just before it hits the cube so I can give it a rigid body... Now my question is.. When the objects collide, how do I transform the objects themselves into cube particles? Is there a plugin or can I do this simply using mograph and certain settings? Should it be softbody or some other settings to get the object to break apart into a simple shape? 

Oh and another thing guys im a n00b who has been playing for with c4d for years... Heres and theres... Sorry for my n00b questions... I also have a problem when i try to connect the body to the helmet so they dont explode away from each other maybe i have the hierarchy setup wrong..

Here is where I'm at just so you can get an idea(this is at the point of collision with the cube... I'm dreading the answer being xpresso... Appreciate any input anyone may have...

Guest deepshade

If its a cube breaking into smaller cubes

then make the large cube out of smaller cubes

or swap it at point of collision 

• Topic Author
  • If its a cube breaking into smaller cubes

then make the large cube out of smaller cubes

or swap it at point of collision 

Thankyou so much deepshade gave me a much better understanding of how to go about this but didnt quite give me the whole picture when dealing with a large scene and many models?

Though my question still sorta remains how do I take a dynamic model comprised of many shapes and make it explode when it collides with another objects this is sort of the opposite. I want the light cycle which is a comp of about 30 childs and a hybernurbs person so i want; just the bike as a null to explode... So I cant clone a model into cubes so how would I do it? I can post the scene if need be, but yeah I see what you did here its just a collision of two objects. I want a collision of like 50 objects to become cube particles as in tron legacy...Sorry if this is a n00b question just dont understand how i do it?

I thought it would be done with a cube i turn off and xpresso but that was just a guess...

• Topic Author
  • Does this help

http://c4dtools.net/voxel-effect/

Yes actually it does I can do a pulling away shot as it transforms it into cubes thankyou very much..

Guest deepshade

Glad you got something useful to work with.