Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikeBeckman

Looking For 3D Human (Woman) Models With Clothes.

I'm looking for recommendations for decent 3D human models. Aside from the obvious Turbosquid, I thought I'd check and see if there were any other go-to sites for models.

I tried one of the models from AXYZ advertised on this site, but unfortunately the one I downloaded doesn't included skin underneath. I'm putting together a treatment for a medical device animation, so I'll need a figure with clothes that can be removed/lifted up to show the torso. I checked out DAZ3d, but from what I can tell it is it's own software and I'd rather have a mesh I can bring into C4D and rig/texture myself. 

-thanks,

mike

AXYZ has the HD models that has a full body beneath the clothing. I've used these models (and still am) in several projects and I recommend!

Thanks, I'll check AXYZ a little closer. -can't seem to find any models designated as HD, or otherwise full-bodied underneath. I'll keep poking around on their site and if I can't figure it out, I'll shoot them a message.

-mike

Hey pBarrelas, I am curious about these. Are you able to bring these into C4D, even thought they are for 3DS Max? I have been looking at these, and it is what I wanted, but I didn't think I could bring them into Cinema.

You can bring them via FBX without a problem. You need to scale them properly and to redo the materials as the conversion doesn't bring the normal and specular maps.

Thanks, pBarrelas! I'm going to give that a try.

Hey pBarrelas, I thought I understood what you were saying and that I would just go to "Import>FBX," but I see there is nothing like that, only "Export>FBX." Can you just explain how that works? I've never done that before.

Just drag and drop the FBX file into the C4D editor window and it will import automatically!

Let me know if it worked fine!