Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest mentalblock

Team Render - Is It A Viable Replacement To Net Render ?

Interesting, though draining resources to implement cineware would at least help to explain R15's shortcomings.

New users are important, but at the expense of alienating the base: a bit of a gamble. Typically I would continue my MSA next year as I do every year. Now...I'm not so sure. 

The thread of discontent over this matter on CGSociety is around 26 pages by now. These are C4D regulars, not new customers. 

While I expect to get bug fixes at some point, I think MAXON really needs to add expanded functionality to at least bring it on par with where Net Render was in R14.... and do it Before R16.

I know these threads can only do so much to influence decisions at MAXON, if at all. However, come next August I will make a decision with my wallet. 

BTW, the short comings in Team Render pretty much only to rendering animations right? Since Net Render could only do animations (as far as I know) Team Render as it is at the moment is pretty good for rendering stills. That's my impression anyway as I'm getting a 100% increase in render speed using my new and faster laptop as a render node.

I've heard of problems with DR in TR that had to do with either due to large files, large output or adding too many render nodes... can't remember which was the culprit, but DR has some issues too (though I haven't come across any myself).

-kvb

What's DR?

Bugs as I've mentioned are being worked on. People should continue to pass on Team Render bugs to Maxon via their on-line support form or if you get a crash via the crash reporting form.

Distributed Rendering, it's how TR renders stills.

Distributed Rendering, it's how TR renders stills.

I assume that means you then have to piece everything back together in Photoshop?

Guest mentalblock
Author of the topic Posted

Please sign this petition if you want Net Render Features (in whatever form) returned, including a web based management system, and please pass the link on to anyone else you think may miss this feature (including on other forums which I'm not a member of).   :)

It's a vital part of our studio's workflow that persuaded us to choose C4D studio in the first place, and why we continued to pay our annual subscription.

Team Render is a nice addition for rapid test-rendering, but it's not a substitute for a stand alone render farm setup. I'm frankly amazed that MAXON ever thought it was. Surely they didn't ? They must have something else in the pipeline and just forgot to tell us... right ?

Workstations are for working on and render-farms are for outputting the frames created on the workstation.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/MAXON-computer-gmbh-i-d-like-MAXON-to-reinstate-net-render-for-version-for-r15-and-all-future-versions-or-make-a-similar-team-render-server-to-fully-replace-the-function-that-net-render-server-performed

Thanks.

mentalblock - that's 2 times you've posted the same message. I'll allow it as they are replies to Team Render topics but please don't post it anymore.

To be honest you're wasting your time.

Guest mentalblock
Author of the topic Posted

mentalblock - that's 2 times you've posted the same message. I'll allow it as they are replies to Team Render topics but please don't post it anymore.

To be honest you're wasting your time.

Sorry.