Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RusKern

Mac Osx Mavericks

Guest deepshade

Curious, Has anyone on a Mac using R15 upgraded to OSX Mavericks yet?  If so, any issues?

Russ

C4D running fine with Mavericks on my MacBookPro.

Holding off on other Macs due to reported issues with Extensis Suitcase Fusion 4 & 5. i.e. Font management - nothing to do with C4D.

C4D running fine with Mavericks on my MacBookPro.

Holding off on other Macs due to reported issues with Extensis Suitcase Fusion 4 & 5. i.e. Font management - nothing to do with C4D.

thanks for the response...  was looking on putting on my MacbookPro as well... and hold off on my desktop machine... Extensis products never work with anything new.

thanks again.

R

Guest deepshade

Good to know all is OK.

Funny how every update  - be it Adobe or OS - Extensis seem to find that the only cure for problems is to buy another update to their latest release. For such a huge firm you'd think they'd be abreast of the the OS/Major app development cycle.

(yes I know its OT - but it is frustrating and costly)

Are any of you guys using a Wacom...? As far as I know, the Wacom driver needs to be updated when installing Mavericks...

The reason I'm concerned about the Wacom driver is because there was a recent Wacom driver version that had problems in C4D. Maybe some of you experienced it... Every time you placed your cursor inside a text field or highlighted the contents of a text field, the cursor would jump out the text field — it was highly annoying and at the time the Wacom representatives on their forum didn't seem to recognise the issue. So above all else I'm keen to know for sure that this isn't happening anymore before considering upgrading.

Edit: However... having taken a quick look at the Wacom forum it seems that Wacom + Mavericks is more hassle than it's worth right now.

Curious, Has anyone on a Mac using R15 upgraded to OSX Mavericks yet?  If so, any issues?

Russ

I'm running Mavericks and R15 Studio on a Mac Pro 8-core. I've only just noticed that if I leave the computer display to go to sleep the render times for each frame increase. For example 1 minute per frame render becomes 10 minutes per frame. Energy saving is set so machine will never sleep, but it looks like the display sleep maybe effecting the render times. Will do some more testing and post the outcome.

Guest kklimmek

Hello,

I know this may be a little off topic but can anyone advise if c4d v10.5 might be Mavericks compatible. All working fine on OSX 10.7.5 but old iMac getting a bit creaky and would like to replace it. I posed the same question to my local reseller and got no response at all.

I'm running Mavericks and R15 Studio on a Mac Pro 8-core. I've only just noticed that if I leave the computer display to go to sleep the render times for each frame increase. For example 1 minute per frame render becomes 10 minutes per frame. Energy saving is set so machine will never sleep, but it looks like the display sleep maybe effecting the render times. Will do some more testing and post the outcome.

Problem solved with Cinema 4D and running on Maverick. Contacted the guys at MAXON and they solved the issue:

Mac OSX Maverick, Apple introduced a setting called App Nap. You can find this via the Get Info on your C4D icon/program. By checking the option that says "Prevent App Nap", this will run C4D at full power in the background.

Technical Support

MAXON Computer Ltd

Thanks MAXON.

A new question here...  has anyone noticed sluggish system performance when rendering on R15 under Mavericks?  

All was running really well initially, but lately, something has changed and I tend to get sluggish performance in my system while rendering in the background....  issue appears no matter how I am rendering.  The sluggishness appears system wide...  noticeably when I move the mouse or cursor it is sluggish in its response... I have a Wacom Intuos 3 Tablet and all my drivers are up to date as well as the New Cinema R15 update is installed.

Russ

Guest crazyguig

Yes, the whole computer gets sluggish when rendering on Mavericks. I tried on my MBPro Retina, and my iMac (2012), it's horrible. Please do something... it's impossible for me to work on other programs while rendering.

I did :

MBPro + C4D 12 + ML : No problem

MBPro + C4D15 + ML : No problem

MB Pro + C4D 12 + Mavericks : Horrible

MB Pro + C4D15 + Mavericks : Horrible

IMAC + C4D 12 + ML : no problem

IMAC + C4D 15 +ML : no problem

IMAC + CAD 15 + Mavericks : Horrible

It is clear that the problem comes from the compatibility of C4D (any version) with Mavericks. Is it Apple who hase to correct something ? I hope not, because we'll have to wait. MAXON, can you give us some news to correct it ? I tried to change the settings about render priority, but it get even worse.

Thanks

Guillaume