Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RusKern

Mac Osx Mavericks

Guest crazyguig

After hours, I found a 75% solution.

I reset my SMC, an PRAM. The computer still have sometimes some slow or no-reaction, but in 75% of the cases it works fine.

Hope you will have the same thing.

Now, I can work on FCPX as C4D is rendering, and everything else. Sometimes, the cursor stops moving, and switching apps takes anormal time, but for the moment, that's all I have...

MAXON, please...

Guest cdisdero

Hi there, I'm a new member and I just got a brand new Mac Book Pro (late 2013) running 10.9.1 Mavericks with the Haswell chip set.  I went to install my R15 Studio on it tonight, but the MAXON installer just fails with an error screen that says "Installation failed" with a big red X under the text.  No additional explanation.  I tried it several times.  I have no other software running.  All my OS X components are fully up-to-date.  Any ideas about why the install just fails on this system?  Thanks.

Guest Harrybee

Hi,

I would propose to contact the MAXON support.

CU and good luck

Guest cdisdero

Thanks for the response.  Fortunately, I have an old iMac so I installed it there and then copied the MAXON folder to my new MacBook Pro.  That seemed to work.  The MAXON updater seemed to work to apply the latest updates, so I'm set.  Guess they just have a bug in the original installer.  I filed a support ticket with MAXON, however.

I just experienced this for the first time on my new computer. I wasn't sure what to do so I said "OK" to the error dialog, and for the heck of it tried to launch C4D (which did appear to be intact in the Apps folder). It seemed to work OK, so then I immediately started downloading the available update to see if that might "fix" whatever it was that went wrong.

Two things for MAXON: 

1) Make your error messages more specific. What failed? A specific module? Documentation install? Prefs / permissions issue?

2) Is there any reason to think that if the updater works properly, I still have to re-install because of the original error? Or is it a minor issue that only happens on Mavericks and actually nothing was prevented from installing based on your experience with this error? Is there any kind of "test" we can run to see if something important was left off the install, etc?

Not sure if I've been setting up my workspace correctly for 2 screens.  But until Mavericks, I would drag the window of my custom startup layout to fit perfectly across both screens.  Not possible in Mavericks.  It treats each screen discreetly.  Anyone running Mavericks with R15 on Mac Pro able to use 2 screens?  

...after a bit more digging found this and it worked. 

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/114449/macosx-maverick-10-9-how-do-i-stretch-a-window-across-both-of-my-dual-screens

Also related to Mavericsks, after upgrading everything got slow and the Finder became unusable.  I followed the suggestion to run a Repair Disk Permissions via the Disk Utility which fixed that immediately.  

Guest DTea

...after a bit more digging found this and it worked.

Thanks for that.

I've just upgraded to Mavericks. I did a clean install onto a new HD and... all seems to be okay thus far. The world hasn't ended. Only problem I've encountered has been font management via fontbook - but I've been upgrading all my fonts to opentype and this is resolving the issues.

Early days yet though.

Mavericks C4D Issues!

2011 iMac, Running C4D R13, all fine until installed Mavericks last week, now everything goes sluggish when rendering. Gone from super lightening background rendering capabilities while working in Photoshop and After Effects to not even being able to move a curser properly!!

Can I re-install the previous system software? Or fix this somehow?

Mavericks C4D Issues!

2011 iMac, Running C4D R13, all fine until installed Mavericks last week, now everything goes sluggish when rendering. Gone from super lightening background rendering capabilities while working in Photoshop and After Effects to not even being able to move a curser properly!!

Can I re-install the previous system software? Or fix this somehow?

Running AE and PS while trying to render out a scene from c4d is never going to go well. 

@Marshzap - Did you try what was posted earlier in this thread?

"Also related to Mavericks, after upgrading everything got slow and the Finder became unusable.  I followed the suggestion to run a Repair Disk Permissions via the Disk Utility which fixed that immediately.  "

Running AE and PS while trying to render out a scene from c4d is never going to go well. 

Well, yes. I appreciate that is quite true, it will always slow things down. But now with nothing else running at all during a render the curser is a second or so behind the mouse whereas last week it wasn't. Rendering from the same scenes as last week, nothing big or complicated, just a single 1 minute ish frame. The render isn't noticeably slower, only the computer. The only difference is the Mavericks install.

We should be able to easily send an email or navigate the computer however heavy the render is?  I shan't be updating my other iMac anytime soon. 

Are there any problems with R14 or 15, do I upgrade?