Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RusKern

Mac Osx Mavericks

@Marshzap - Did you try what was posted earlier in this thread?

"Also related to Mavericks, after upgrading everything got slow and the Finder became unusable.  I followed the suggestion to run a Repair Disk Permissions via the Disk Utility which fixed that immediately.  "

I'll give it a try, although the general running of the computer seems fine. Apart from some .mov file icons no longer having a preview image yet others do. And pressing space on a highlighted C4D icon no longer gives a preview of the build inside the file. 

I'll try it.

Can you try the demo version of R15? My impression is that they've made the rendering faster, especially GI.

I'll give it a try, although the general running of the computer seems fine. Apart from some .mov file icons no longer having a preview image yet others do. And pressing space on a highlighted C4D icon no longer gives a preview of the build inside the file. 

I'll try it.

As unlikely as it seemed, Repairing Disk Permissions seems to have cleared things up! Also gave it a re-start.

I can now render with GI, Ambient Occlusion, Caustics all whirling away in the background while I glide through the rest of the computer like a greased marble on ice.

Like it should be!

Cheers BigAl3D, you're a star!

Thanks

Can you try the demo version of R15? My impression is that they've made the rendering faster, especially GI.

Yes, It might be time to invest, but you know what happens, you buy 15 and then a month later 16 appears. And 13 still does everything I want it to!