Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Rantanplan

Viewport Preview Is Black!

Question

Guest Rantanplan
  • Inquirer
  • My Viewport Preview is black! Anything worked fine until I installed a new GPU driver, which was the Nvidia beta driver for the Battlefield 4 Beta. Since then it's black.
    I've already tried to downgrade my driver. I tried with the driver on my computer's support CD, but it somehow says that there ist no compatible graphics card, so I tried two newer drivers, which installed, but the preview was still black.

Turning OpenGL off works, but everything looks very poor and I can't use all plugins.

So I hope you know what I try to tell you, my English isn't really good ;)

My computer:
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4700MQ
    RAM: 16 Gb

GPU: Nvidia GTX 770M

Guest salvatore
  • Inquirer
  • Reinstall the previous Nvidia GTX 770M Driver. There are some issue with the newest Nvidia Diver, Don´t ask me why ...... :confused:

My Tip is run a driver that works, even it is an older one.

SaL CDA

Guest Rantanplan
  • Inquirer
  • Now that I tried all available drivers, it still ist black! Maybe someone has a solution?

I'm running a i7 CPU, nVidia 660GTX with driver 331.58. No problems for me.

I recall back in the old days I had to disable "Vertical synching" with nVidia cards to make them work with C4D. Maybe try this in the nVidia settings.

There are some serious problems with the latest nvidia drivers. I recently updated the driver for my GTX560Ti and every 5 minutes I was getting a BSOD with a 124 error code. A quick look at the dmp file showed that it was caused by the nvidia driver, so after installing the last two WHQL drivers from months ago (which didnt solve the issue) I had to revert back to an even older driver (314.22) and now everything works fine.

Id like to point out that I didnt have any trouble with the viewport when I installed the latest driver, but it appears that that latest ones are causing problems.

The only issue I have had with the viewport is with Rel.12 in 64 bits. All the versions I have work OK (11.5, 13, 14 and 15) but 12 does show a black viewport. In 32 bits it works OK. As I do not use it anymore I don't mind it, but it is kind of strange. Turning OpenGL off sorts the issue, but it is strange because the other versions work fine. And I don't feel like re-installing Cinema.

Drivers.  I had the exact same issue with AMD chipset on 4 year old laptop.  I know have a  machine with "switchable graphics" and it sucks.  It works but viewport refresh is slow.  HP does a lousy job keeping their drivers current.

Jeff

make sure you do a full uninstall. nvidia beta drivers messed with my cinema too. I also installed em for BF4 beta...

Guest Rantanplan
  • Inquirer
  • What do you mean by a full uninstall? I've uninstalled my drivers in my Control Panel.

Guest shujashakir
  • Inquirer

• A quick look at the dmp file showed that it was caused by the nvidia driver, so after installing the last two WHQL drivers from months ago (which didnt solve the issue) I had to revert back to an even older driver (314.22) and now everything works fine.

I fully agree that the newer versions of nVidia drivers is headache. In fact the version 314.22 is the only one that proved stable in my case. All the newer versions did work to certain extent but gave repeated error messages so that reverting to an older version became mandatory. I am wondering what makes nVidia so complacent as not take the complaints of users seriously that new drivers are pain in the .......

Guest EliasNM
  • Inquirer

• Posted 3 weeks ago
    My Viewport Preview is black! Anything worked fine until I installed a new GPU driver, which was the Nvidia beta driver for the Battlefield 4 Beta. Since then it's black.
    I've already tried to downgrade my driver. I tried with the driver on my computer's support CD, but it somehow says that there ist no compatible graphics card, so I tried two newer drivers, which installed, but the preview was still black.
    Turning OpenGL off works, but everything looks very poor and I can't use all plugins.
    So I hope you know what I try to tell you, my English isn't really good ;)

Follow the instruction on the post I made a while back see if they help.