Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest FancyHat

Rigid body, without the gravity?

Guest FancyHat
  • Topic Author
  • as i'm pretty new to this, i thought to seek help here.

im currently doing an animation were i'm using MotionDrop, this drop is shot through some text (made out of cubes and cloners). which than destroys the text. the problem is that in order for them to interact with eachother they need to be rigid body's? as soon as i start the animation. the cubes just fall down and nothing happens anymore. i need the cubes to be destroyed after about 300 frames in. how would i do this?

Inside the Rigid Body Go to the Force tab and change Follow position to 10.

Good Luck

Guest FancyHat
  • Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

thanks for the reply, for some reason i did not get it to work tho?

Could you upload the file?

So you want to animate one object so it "shoots" into some text made out of clones? It's unclear if you're saying your shooting object just falls and nothing else happens, or all your objects just fall down when you hit play? I think that's what you're saying.

On the Rigid Body tag for the text, you need to change the Trigger to On Collision so they won't move until something with a dynamics tag hits them. Your shooter object you can either animate it manually and just add a Collider Tag to destroy the text, or add a Rigid Body tag as Emir suggested, but turn on the Initial Custom Velocity and crank up the Initial Linear Velocity (along the correct axis) to something pretty high like 1000. I say this number because I always set the Gravity for the scene to at least 2000. The defaullt number is way to low to get realistic results.

If I'm still not understanding your question, then by all means, post a file.