Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Mngereso

Is a Wacom Intuos Pro tablet good/better than a mouse?

Guest Mngereso
  • Topic Author
  • Hi guys, I've been having issues with my wrist when working on my computer with my mouse and on doing research I read about carpal tunnel syndrome, this got me freaked out and on doing further research I read that using a tablet can help to avoid getting carpal tunnel syndrome, I checked Amazon.com and the best tablet that is within my budget is the Wacom Intuos Pro medium tablet but I'm not sure if it's good for 3D work and Cinema 4D in general. Do any of you use tablets and if so, would you recommend it over a mouse? I'd want to use it for sculpting and modelling in Cinema 4D. Thanks for your answers in advance :) post-157311-0-54550800-1395041713_thumb.

Heya,

There's plenty of folk at the cafe who use a tablet. 

I use one exclusively & find them much much better for avoiding RSI

Guest drb1981
  • Topic Author
  • I use the Intuos Medium exclusively and absolutely love it!

Cheers

Deano

start doing excercise :) fitness is the best solution to this. its also a solution to lots of back problems and so on. i reccomend swimming.

also you might want to get a gaming mouse with adjustable sensitivity and acceleration.

for example i really dont need to move my mouse much. because the distance it moves depends how fast i move it. if i move it slowly i can be very accurate. if i fling it between my thumb and my pinkie it goes all the way across my dual screens.

I have the Intuos Pro medium with the mouse accessory. Switch back and forth from pen to mouse, as some tasks are better using the pen, some the mouse. If my hand/wrist starts to bother me, I'll use the pen more until it feels better.

as some tasks are better using the pen, some the mouse.

^This.

They both have their strengths. Neither is perfect in every situation. I use both and switch back and fourth fluidly as I work, often holding both in my right hand at the same time. Don't believe anyone who tells you that one or the other is the only answer.

start doing excercise fitness is the best solution to this. its also a solution to lots of back problems and so on. i reccomend swimming.

This is fine advice for all of us who sit on our butts all day in front of a computer. Cycling is another one that really sorts you out.

Cheers

Karl

Guest Mngereso
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks for all the replies, and one more question, can you please tell me where the pen & tab is better than the mouse? i.e. modelling, sculpting, rigging...

A pen beats a mouse dead when it comes to finessing a stroke. Other than a few software dodges, a mouse is basically on or off but a pen reacts to your touch.

K

Guest Harrybee
  • Topic Author
  • A pen beats a mouse dead when it comes to finessing a stroke. Other than a few software dodges, a mouse is basically on or off but a pen reacts to your touch.

K

Agree,

(all kind of computer)painting with a mouse is same like as painting with a brick ;-)

(In my case it make no different if I would paint with a real brick or an real brush, that's the reason why I use a computer for my (e.g. 3D) graphic hobby ;-) )

CU

I use the Intuous 4 medium.  It's great but like mentioned before there is some things that a mouse does better.   Check out ebay that's where I bought mine for a good price.  

yeah, i use tablet when im sculpting or painting. But im doing c4d work i always use a mouse. It's just soo much quicker. Especially if you use shortcuts and multiple displays.

Guest Mngereso
  • Topic Author
  • Ok, thanks for your help, I'll order one soon. :)