Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Mngereso

Is a Wacom Intuos Pro tablet good/better than a mouse?

yeah, i use tablet when im sculpting or painting. But im doing c4d work i always use a mouse. It's just soo much quicker. Especially if you use shortcuts and multiple displays.

Guest Mngereso

Ok, thanks for your help, I'll order one soon. :)

Something nobody has mentioned yet (and I feel it's often overlooked in general) is how awesome it is to have a 3d mouse. Most of my work in C4D is done with my mouse (or tablet - I use both) in one hand and my 3d mouse in the other. My hand will come off the 3d mouse and move to the keyboard for shortcuts, etc., but for navigating around a model, I am super thankful that somebody invented a 3d mouse.

I use the 3d Connexion SpaceMouse Pro, but for moving around your object or scene, even the most basic 3d mouse is like night and day from just using a mouse/tablet. It's like the difference between trying to draw with a mouse in Photoshop and then learning how to use a Wacom tablet. Suddenly you realize what you've been missing! Same thing with a 3d mouse. These things are a must-have!

I use the 3d Connexion SpaceMouse Pro, but for moving around your object or scene, even the most basic 3d mouse is like night and day from just using a mouse/tablet.

I've always been interested in trying one but remember reading some threads of users having problems with it in C4D. Don't recall if the problems were with C4D or 3D Connexion. Have you experienced any issues?

I use the 3d Connexion SpaceMouse Pro

Looks like you would be controlling a SpaceShip!  

Did you have one or try one before before spending the $?

I use a mouse for modelling, scene building and animating tasks, and a tablet for painting and sculpting.

I bought a Space Navigator ages ago and it's kinda fun but speaking personally it doesn't help my workflow, at all, so I don't use it.

Mark

I use a tablet for all of my computer use currently. My mouse sits in a corner gathering dust and my wrists thank me at the end of the day for that :)

Although tomorrow I'm getting a nice upgrade - a Cintiq! I've been doing a ton of drawing on the computer recently so I've wanted one for a long time, very excited to get it.

Cheers,

Brian

I've always been interested in trying one but remember reading some threads of users having problems with it in C4D. Don't recall if the problems were with C4D or 3D Connexion. Have you experienced any issues?

I've never had any problems with it. I can't remember if I used it in R11, but I know I've used it in R12-R15 (Studio) and it works great! I think I've only ever used it on Windows 7. Perhaps the users with issues were on Vista or Mac OSX

It's so much easier to move around my models! It works pretty well for moving around scenes too.

Looks like you would be controlling a SpaceShip!  

Did you have one or try one before before spending the $?

It does look super-cool. I love the blue, glowing ring around it as it sits on my desk.

It didn't cost me anything; I just told my boss that it would make my work go faster and, not long after, it arrived!

Modeling etc - mouse.

Sculpting, painting - tablet.

Although tomorrow I'm getting a nice upgrade - a Cintiq!

I'm always fancying one of those, very sexy, but I have to keep reminding myself that it's an awful lot of money for something that I'd only use occasionally. If I was a full time illustrator/painter I'd definitely get one, but as that's only a part of what I do the money would be better spent on a guitar of a mountain bike. They'd get more use.

K