Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baxtaah

Multiple Camera Rendering.

• Topic Author
  • Hi this will probably seem a simple question to some, but I am new to using camera's as I normally work on still images.

With that said, I use multiple camera's in my animation which all do something at a different time and begin to do that at a different frame, does anyone know how to switch between these camera's so when it renders out it switch's between them in the final piece. At the moment it just stays set on the first camera I put in and its really annoying me now. 

Would be even better if someone could tell me how to do this when rendering out as a PNG file and then creating a sequence as that is all rebus farm allows and not AVI.

Thanks!

You can do this regardless of the format to which you are rendering. And, as a side note, I always recommend rendering as an image sequence whether you're sending it to a farm or not.

You will use the Stage object and keyframe the camera property. Then, when you set it to render, make sure the camera it's rendering from is the Stage object and not any of the cameras.

Alternatively, you could set up a render from each of the cameras for a specified set of frames and then cut them together in an editing program like Premiere.

Look up the Stage Object in the manual. I believe this will achieve the hard cuts you want. If you wanted to animated between the cameras, then the Motion Camera Tag using the Multi-Morph option.

As far as PNGs go, that's the easiest part. Just choose PNG in the Format pull-down of the Save area of the Render Settings.

• Topic Author
  • Thank You guys, exactly what I needed!

• Topic Author
  • You can do this regardless of the format to which you are rendering. And, as a side note, I always recommend rendering as an image sequence whether you're sending it to a farm or not.

You will use the Stage object and keyframe the camera property. Then, when you set it to render, make sure the camera it's rendering from is the Stage object and not any of the cameras.

Alternatively, you could set up a render from each of the cameras for a specified set of frames and then cut them together in an editing program like Premiere.

Thank You guys, exactly what I needed!

Hey quickQ - Rebus farm wont let me render my project until 'text splines are converted to polygons' can you spot what I need to do?

http://tinypic.com/r/316880m/8

And how do I make the stage my active render camera.. I clicked it but when rendering with rebus it says 'active render camera: (name of one of my camera's)

Set your cameras up individually. Select your Stage Object and make a Keyframe on the Camera field (dot should be red). Now drop Camera 1 into that field (dot should be orange). Control-Click to make the dot Red (I'm on a Mac so alt-click I think for PC). Move to the time when you want Camera 2 and drag it into the Camera field in the Stage object. Yellow dot... change it to Red (or turn on Auto Keyframing). Repeat the process and hit play.

I don't see any text splines in your screen shot unless there's something hiding in the City Rig folder. Might be one of those things like "Place Object Here" that is a text object. If so, select it and hit C.

Edit: I just checked a City Rig folder over there and there is indeed at least one text object that says CITY. It's in the "Custom Area" group.

• Topic Author
  • Set your cameras up individually. Select your Stage Object and make a Keyframe on the Camera field (dot should be red). Now drop Camera 1 into that field (dot should be orange). Control-Click to make the dot Red (I'm on a Mac so alt-click I think for PC). Move to the time when you want Camera 2 and drag it into the Camera field in the Stage object. Yellow dot... change it to Red (or turn on Auto Keyframing). Repeat the process and hit play.

I don't see any text splines in your screen shot unless there's something hiding in the City Rig folder. Might be one of those things like "Place Object Here" that is a text object. If so, select it and hit C.

Finally found it, city rig is GSG city. And it was deep in that. 

thanks I already got it, found a tut!