Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kahuna

.C4D files no longer displaying as preview

I had this once before, but the issue resolved itself after a PC upgrade and a reinstall.  I have R15 Studio, Windows 7 x64.  Saved .C4D files just display in windows explorer as the normal MAXON logo, rather than as a preview of the display port.

Is this a known bug, and if so, is there a fix?

Thanks

I assume you changed your icon display to Medium Icons, Large Icons or Extra Large Icons. Having icon display set to List gets you just a C4D logo.

The ones that still display as a C4D logo were likely saved with an older version of Cinema 4D. You need to open them in R15 and save them again. They should now display a mini preview. I've just tested this myself with some older scenes.

These are files that were created in, and saved with, R15.

Ok, decided not to be lazy and googled it.  Managed to find the following, which fixed it.  I imagine more people will get this issue, as it has been working, but somehow stopped.

Open a command prompt and type the following:

for 64bit:

regsvr32.exe "<path to cinema>resourcelibswin64win_thumbnail.dll"

for 32bit:
regsvr32.exe "<path to cinema>resourcelibswin32win_thumbnail.dll"

As I said, mine is working again.

Hopefully :)

I can't live without the preview now, especially as my file-management is so appalling.