R16

adamfilip

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand your question.  I'm currently running R15 demo, so I've never made any purchase.

If I buy R15 now, I get R16 when it's released.  Also, the pricing structure MAXON offers is cheaper if one simply pays for the MSA and sticks with it.  Look at the price of going from R13 to R15, on the US store it's $1,595.00.  MSA customers would've paid $1,300 and enjoyed the benefits of R14 for $195 less.  Seems like the smart way to go to me.  Also, the MSA offers other benefits, like Cineversity, which is another $95 a year, after an initial $295.  Ka-CHING!  That's starting to add up.

Their current "August" deal is, buy R15, get one year's worth of MSA.  Compared to what I would've paid only a few days ago, that's a saving of $650 if I'd paid for the MSA on purchase, or $995 if I'd decide to pay for the upgrade when it becomes available (which I probably wouldn't do).  All things considered, I think yeah, I love MAXON's August deal and so should anybody else about to make the plunge.  C4D is expensive, so any chance to save a few bucks is fine by me.

Ok that makes sense, I just assumed you were one of the people who blindly payed for a camera crane tag and an overrated bevel tool. If MAXON doesn't nail it with R16, I guess many of us will stick to R14 while we play around with R16 demo.

Guest darby

Ok that makes sense, I just assumed you were one of the people who blindly payed for a camera crane tag and an overrated bevel tool. If MAXON doesn't nail it with R16, I guess many of us will stick to R14 while we play around with R16 demo.

You forgot light mapping! :)

I actually skipped R14 and went from R13 to R15 with an MSA.

Why do you assume that folk are blindly buying C4D. I've got a feeling that purchasers and upgraders are making intelligent choices on why where and when they purchase C4D. Unless you can pinpoint the guy blindly throwing their cash at MAXON then I think you are insulting everyone.

If you are not happy with the new bevel tool then I don't think you ever are going to be happy.

I doubt there are many C4D users who "blindly" throw money at MAXON.  Looking at the quality of work from users on this forum, I think it's safe to "assume" most are sane, hard working individuals.  Of course, there are always exceptions.  Hopefully, I'm not one of them.  :wackywink:

I'm with Luxology since 2005 (modo 102) and with MAXON since 2008 (ver. 11 Studio Bundle), always upgraded my modo license and always been on MSA with Cinema. I don't consider myself blind but I think that when you purchase a Software as complex as 3D packages you pay much more in terms of learning and practicing  than for the softwares theirselves so for me the cheapest route is to keep my licenses up to date and support the companies that create software I use and, forgive me, love. Also the MSA is, as already stated by others here, the cheapest way of upgrading Cinema 4D and every year there's at least one feature in every upgrade that pays for my MSA in a couple of weeks only. And I'm not even a full time 3D artist. My 2 cents.

and an overrated bevel tool.

Are you for real? It's better than what any other 3D app is offering.

No matter what's in R16 (and I know) it won't be enough for some people.

I'm with Luxology since 2005 (modo 102) and with MAXON since 2008 (ver. 11 Studio Bundle), always upgraded my modo license and always been on MSA with Cinema. I don't consider myself blind but I think that when you purchase a Software as complex as 3D packages you pay much more in terms of learning and practicing  than for the softwares theirselves so for me the cheapest route is to keep my licenses up to date and support the companies that create software I use and, forgive me, love. Also the MSA is, as already stated by others here, the cheapest way of upgrading Cinema 4D and every year there's at least one feature in every upgrade that pays for my MSA in a couple of weeks only. And I'm not even a full time 3D artist. My 2 cents.

That's pretty much how I feel too. I'm not going to give anyone a blank check, but if MAXON once again gives me 4-8 great new features or enhancements I'm sure I'll be upgrading.

There'll always be something better somewhere else at some point in time.  I happen to be investing in a 3D app this summer and this is the deal that I'm taking advantage of.

You're absolutely right and the bottom line is - no matter at what price point you enter a great program like C4D, the rewards are immense both in the joy (and frustrations) of using it. And the financial compensation you can gain over time dwarfs any savings you might get from a promotion. I'm a modo user, not a C4D user (except on the demo) so I can't justify the higher end of the price tag for a second app but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for any advantage I can get (like the user who put a license up for sale here a few weeks back for $2000). No matter, I'm sure you're going to be thrilled with your summer purchase.

You're absolutely right and the bottom line is - no matter at what price point you enter a great program like C4D, the rewards are immense both in the joy (and frustrations) of using it. And the financial compensation you can gain over time dwarfs any savings you might get from a promotion. I'm a modo user, not a C4D user (except on the demo) so I can't justify the higher end of the price tag for a second app but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for any advantage I can get (like the user who put a license up for sale here a few weeks back for $2000). No matter, I'm sure you're going to be thrilled with your summer purchase.

Yep.  When I first bought Lightwave 7, back in the day, I paid it off with my first job using it (a three second corp ID tag).  I trust the same will be true for C4D.

If so, then why do you have an "R15 Studio" tag on your profile?

Archived