R16

adamfilip

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok i've just read the first page so maybe its already been said.

but for a node based material editor in C4D, check ou CMnodes, a good and free plugin for C4D.

i think it even brings new functionalities to the material creation workflow.

hope that helps someone.

Why So Serious?

After four emails and a call from MAXON to upgrade, I'm wondering what I should do with $500.

Did I Hear A Pin Drop?

Or was it a massive tsunami of applause for R16.

Six days and nobody has posted on this thread.  Check out the Foundry on R16.  They've been talking a lot about the release. Good and bad.

http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/discussion/topic.aspx?f=4&t=91036&page=0

They've been talking a lot about the release. Good and bad.

Yeah I've read this. Quite entertaining and some of it pretty outrageous and very ill informed.

What to do with $500? That's up to you. You now know what's in R16 so you can make an informed decision.

Yeah I've read this. Quite entertaining and some of it pretty outrageous and very ill informed.

What to do with $500? That's up to you. You now know what's in R16 so you can make an informed decision.

Kiwi, is there a timeline for your review of R16 to come out?

That Modo forum had lots of people posting positive, even envious comments about MAXON's offerings. It's interesting to see how we all are subject to the "pasture is greener on the other mountain." 

I'm glad I have both apps! Yet I have noticed that green pasture over on Max mountain....    :wackywink:

Yet I have noticed that green pasture over on Max mountain....   

Software junkie in the making.

I have a monthly subscription to Max. I hate Max but I don't hate it as much as I did 3 months ago when I started the subscription (had to get it for a project). A bit worried that before I manage to get a C4D license I might actually like Max. Then what?

Kiwi, is there a timeline for your review of R16 to come out?

Nope. It will be finished when it's finished. I won't be starting until Maxon supply me with a boxed copy.

This time around I'm thinking of writing a lot less and do most of it by video. I've covered a lot of the new stuff already in my R16 videos so will probably use those supplemented with some more.

Re Modo forums. Yes it was good to see some positive remarks about C4D. I also think Maxon's R16 launch was better than Modo's 801 launch in the fact that there was a lot more information available day 1 for people to see the new enhancements.

Nigel

yes, the Modo 801 launch was lacking. However, the more I use Modo, the more I find myself unable to part with some of the features it has over C4D…. and I feel the same way about some of C4D's features. Damn, I'd really like to get down to one piece of 3D software, but it looks like I will continue to split my time(and money) between Modo & C4D. 

I'd really like to get down to one piece of 3D software

Not me, I use C4D, Maya, ZBrush, Topogun, UVLayout and Unity (free version) here. Each can do something the others can't, or can do it faster and better than the others. More software = more options = more power is my attitude. More money too of course but if you make your living from CG then they pay for themselves over time, sometimes pretty quickly if you get the right job.

Cheers,

Brian

Archived