Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TorJearro

Need help importing .OBJ with textures. (Noob here)

• Topic Author
  • Hi, I'm very new to Cinema 4D, I need help with this texture problem I think. I don't understand the concept of the materials or texturing in Cinema 4D, my problem is that when I load an .obj file into C4D, the textures don't load so the obj becomes white or grey ish. So to conclude, how do I load the .OBJ with the textures exactly like the one in the link into C4D?  It would really be greatful and helpful if someone can show a visual tutorial either by images or video about this. Thank you for you time :).

Here is one of the .OBJ files that i wanted(Paris Frigate Model Especially):

LINK: mattpc.deviantart.com/art/UNSC-Fleet-337618040

Screenshots:

post-175490-0-74368900-1405200796_thumb.post-175490-0-78365500-1405200798_thumb.post-175490-0-56425100-1405200801_thumb.post-175490-0-23167200-1405201145_thumb.

Get yourself the free Riptide plugin.

C4D's object importer only imports the mesh not materials.

• Topic Author
  • Get yourself the free Riptide plugin.

Hey, I got it to work, thanks! but only the frigate 3d model has problems, when I load it, the textures do not load properly, almost invisible somewhat. Only the pillar of autumn model is loading properly. Also the one thing that is bothering me about the pillar of autumn model is the text "UNSC Pillar of Autumns" Text, the background colour is different than the onces around it, like its pure black but the rest of the pillar of autumn model texture is grey ish. Any suggestions on how to change it or why its causing it? 

post-175490-0-88677600-1405232372_thumb.

post-175490-0-08165700-1405233061_thumb.

Could be you need to go into each material and manually relink the textures? If you were running R15 you could use the new Texture Manager. This is great for relinking missing textures.

Guest mmdestiny

Get yourself the free Riptide plugin.

According to Spanki's homepage the free version of Riptide doesn't support versions newer than 11, Kiwi.

According to Spanki's homepage the free version of Riptide doesn't support versions newer than 11, Kiwi.

Bummer. Good reason to pay a few bucks for the commercial version.