Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest greenspade

"Beat Bobby Flay" title texture

Guest greenspade
  • Topic Author
  • Hey Fellow C4d Artists!

Have a quick texture question for you guys.  I often find myself trying to recreate graphics on TV.  Recently I was watching Food Network and Bobby Flay's new show, "Beating Bobby Flay", came on TV with a pretty quick title sequence.  I thought I'd try to quickly recreate it however the on hangup I had was trying to get the texture correct on the lettering.  It seems to have a sort of light crinkled metallic look that is reminiscent to flattened out aluminum foil.  It also seems to react to camera movement/lighting position.  Any idea of how to recreate this?  I know it can't be too difficult but just don't think I know materials quite well enough to figure it out!  Attached is an image from the Food Network website of the title.

Thanks in advance!

post-20419-0-87033000-1410119288_thumb.j

It looks like noise added to the bump channel of the material and the Global Scale is probably bumped up quite a bit depending on scene scale e.g. 500%.

Guest greenspade
  • Topic Author
  • Dude I think you're right.  And also had to make sure to use bump in the reflections.  Awesome thanks so much for the reply!