Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ransom

How do you do Force dynamics in R14?

Guest Harrybee

Hi,

you could set the Linear Velocity Threshold to 0 on the dynamic tag of the can.

CU.

• Topic Author
  • Hi,

you could set the Linear Velocity Threshold to 0 on the dynamic tag of the can.

CU.

Wow, that actually fixed the problem perfectly! Would you be able to explain why this made a difference, please? Just so that I'm a bit wiser from the experience :)

Cheers Harry!

• Topic Author
  • Just noticed one more thing. The force seems to be applied constantly after the initial impact. How do I have it just hit once and then stop applying the force? My can is going everywhere!

Thanks again.

Guest Harrybee

Hi,

you could move your mouse pointer over this 'Linear Velocity Threshold' field and press Cntr + F1 to get the C4D help about this field.

Regarding your 2nd question

You could key this threshold field, e.g:

1) Frame 0: 0 cm,

2) Frame 199: 0 cm

3) Frame 200: your original value

(Maybe you must play with the frame key set for 2) and 3) to get a proper result )

This will deactivate the dynamic for this object beginning at 3) if there is no movement under the threshold value during 2 seconds.

BTW: A '0' in this field deactivates the threshold function and the dynamic will not deactivated after 2 seconds.

CU ;-)

on R15, doesnt work for me past 150 either.

why not just do it with initial velocity. and keyframe dynamics enabled?

bottle dynamics.c4d

Got carried away and made more simulations :) 

soft bottle dynamics.c4d

• Topic Author
  • Hi,

you could move your mouse pointer over this 'Linear Velocity Threshold' field and press Cntr + F1 to get the C4D help about this field.

Regarding your 2nd question

You could key this threshold field, e.g:

1) Frame 0: 0 cm,

2) Frame 199: 0 cm

3) Frame 200: your original value

(Maybe you must play with the frame key set for 2) and 3) to get a proper result )

This will deactivate the dynamic for this object beginning at 3) if there is no movement under the threshold value during 2 seconds.

BTW: A '0' in this field deactivates the threshold function and the dynamic will not deactivated after 2 seconds.

CU ;-)

Hi Harry, thank you for the explanation. I didn't understand what Linear Velocity Threshold was before, and now I do! I've tried applying your technique to my scene but the drinks can just keeps zooming around my scene after it's landed. Would you be able to take a look and see why that might be, please?

Thanks for taking the time to make those files for me Vozzz, I appreciate that. Sadly if I remove the big wall you placed behind the can, it seems to keep moving continuously once it lands on the floor, which is the same problem I'm having already :(

dynamics-help.c4d.zip

increase friction of can and floor to 90% and it will stop.

bottle dynamics_0001.c4d

• Topic Author
  • Thanks Vozzz, that's perfect. For anyone that might read this thread in the future - if you're a rookie like me, using the settings in the Dynamics tag is the easiest way to achieve a simple force. I'm sure Xpresso offers a lot more, but if you want to avoid getting in to complicated processes, stick with the Dynamics tag for this.