Info News:
  • C4D Cafe 2.0 COMING SOON!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3DKiwi

Understanding OctaneRender - New Commercial Tutorial

• Topic Author
  • A new 2 hour 40 minute commercial tutorial is out. Master the fundamental principles of rendering with world’s first GPU based renderer. More information here.

75 bucks! Steep.

Looks excellent and not that steep for a professional training series, anyone serious about it would probably find that quite reasonable - barely a night out!

cheers

brasc

I've spent 10 minutes looking around his site. I'm impressed. I might take the plunge. But for sure I'll sleep on it.

• Topic Author
  • So I'm up and running with the Octane Demo. Pretty straight forward to install. I had to manually copy the plugin into the correct plugins folder.

Now to watch the videos and learn how to use it :)

post-2-0-63963000-1413268232_thumb.jpg

Octane is awesome, very fun to play with. It changes a lot update by update, the latest beta of 2.1 has had a dramatic speed update. This tutorial cost seems steep compared to what's already out there for free, but to be fair I haven't watched the tutorial. 

If anyone is interested in a free tutorial, have a look at a guy called Curse Studio on vimeo. While the content may be of middling value, there is something special about a tutor stopping a tutorial half way through "because of wasps".

Man I wish someone would buy Octane for me

The VRAM of your Cuda enabled video card is important with mucho polygons or big maps.

• Topic Author
  • Man I wish someone would buy Octane for me

And me :)

Although I'm thinking I could arrange a review of it to get myself a free copy.

can we all review a small part of it so we all get a copy?  :wackywink:

Off topic, but If you want to get a taste of sweet GPU action, I recommend getting the demo of Corona as it's totally free at the moment and is pretty great as well. 

corona is gpu?

damn it.. too many choices... im still leaning towards thea, coz it has a cpu back up option, which renders exactly the same output without changing settings (just slower). So if you run out of vram on your card, you're not screwed. whereas with octane, you're just out of luck.