Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest marjang

Need help please_ Creating an animated torus

Me too :)

Deck

Have a look at the attached scene. This is my take on the first spheres animation. Is this what you guys wanted? I could do a mini tutorial if you really need one but it's pretty easy stuff. There is no relationship between the Torus and the animated spheres. I've just resized the torus to match the overall shape of all of the little spheres.

The Random Effector is just used to colour the spheres.

TorusSpheres.c4d

Hi Nigel

What is making the clones rotate, Im not seeing any key frames in there to rotate the circle spline ?

And thanks for the file

Deck

You did it! That was really clever and what a cool way to do it and so simple. I kept trying to do it with the Cloner Transform tab.

I see that they rotate because of animation within the first clone on the spline and the Rate setting.

Now I can reclaim my life and move on to spinoffs to your cleverness.

Thank you!!

Is that a change in "rate" of cloner position on the spline making it rotate ?

Deck

Guest marjang
  • Topic Author
  • I agree with teknow, very clever way of doing this.  I have recreated it and now changing different parameters and loving the results.  I am learning a ton from the samples you've created.  I hope someday I'd be able to take a look at an example and recreate it just like you'e done here.  That's my intent, and so be it!   :)

Thank you again!!!

marjan

Yup, it's the "Rate" parameter driving the animation.

Have to say, I've really enjoyed this topic. The first example I had to do a bit of thinking and experimenting on the best way to achieve the result. So it was a learning experience for me as well.

Cheers

Nigel

The spinoffs I am now able to do because you solved the puzzle are spectacular. 

Thank you!

Guest marjang
  • Topic Author
  • hey teknow, care to share some of the spinoffs?  just wondering what they look like.  No pressure, only if it feels aligned with you :smile:

You betcha, here's one

If you can figure out how to make a color stick to a specific sphere rather than changing color by position let me know. I'm using a Multishader with custom spectrum colors and have tried both Random and Shader effectors