Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest marjang

Need help please_ Creating an animated torus

Is that a change in "rate" of cloner position on the spline making it rotate ?

Deck

Guest marjang
  • Topic Author
  • I agree with teknow, very clever way of doing this.  I have recreated it and now changing different parameters and loving the results.  I am learning a ton from the samples you've created.  I hope someday I'd be able to take a look at an example and recreate it just like you'e done here.  That's my intent, and so be it!   :)

Thank you again!!!

marjan

Yup, it's the "Rate" parameter driving the animation.

Have to say, I've really enjoyed this topic. The first example I had to do a bit of thinking and experimenting on the best way to achieve the result. So it was a learning experience for me as well.

Cheers

Nigel

The spinoffs I am now able to do because you solved the puzzle are spectacular. 

Thank you!

Guest marjang
  • Topic Author
  • hey teknow, care to share some of the spinoffs?  just wondering what they look like.  No pressure, only if it feels aligned with you :smile:

You betcha, here's one

If you can figure out how to make a color stick to a specific sphere rather than changing color by position let me know. I'm using a Multishader with custom spectrum colors and have tried both Random and Shader effectors

And some vertigo inducing eye candy

Torus Animated 8.c4d

Guest marjang
  • Topic Author
  • teknow, do you mean each circular row of spheres (spline) maintaining the same color or one single sphere?  If every spline/row, you may add several "spheres" under the last cloner and assign different material/color to each. I used it with your #7 file and works.  Don't use the random deformer.  Is the attached file what you are asking for?

teknow_Torus Animated 7.c4dWell that is my very primitive way of doing it  :-)  I'm a beginner...

Thank you for sharing your files! 

If you can figure out how to make a color stick to a specific sphere rather than changing color by position let me know.

The Random effector should be applied to the child Cloner object not the parent Cloner.

The Multishader mode should be set to "Color Brightness".

So that's the secret combination. That sure beats doing 10 separately colored spheres.

Thank you!!