WHAT? no R17 thread yet?

bobc4d

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys!

@Edouard - I believe that was a different thread ;)

My point really was that a lot of these points might seem minor (apart from stuff like scene response and solid referencing which to me make a huge difference) but when you add them up they make a significant difference. Character animation is extremely time consuming so every key press you can avoid or option that slows you down really makes a difference to how efficiently you can work.

Cheers,

Brian

​Such as..? Just curious, from top of your head? :)

​I'm a Modo user currently experimenting with the C4D demo version and here are a few small things missing that have stood out to me:

1. When sweeping a shape along a spline there does not seem to be any way that I have been able to figure out to control how the shape is aligned in relation to the spline. It always aligns with the spline right in the middle of the shape. For example if you were sweeping a square along the spline you might want it to align along the top or bottom or along one of the corners rather than right in the middle.

2. There is no apparent way to turn off visibility of the thumbnail area (the part that says "Preview/Info/Languages") below the tree view in the Content Browser. This might not seem important but if you prefer to position your content browser along the bottom as many people do the thumbnail then takes up too much vertical space to make the tree view usable.

3. There is no way to rename command labels as they appear in a pallet. Some of the command names are very long so they cause tabbed sidebars to be excessively wide or take up too much room in horizontal shelves. Again, this might seem like a small thing but one of the major attractions of C4D is the extent to which you can customize the UI to your liking. The long command names mess up the ability to create custom tabbed panels and shelves ruining a lot of the benefit of the UI customization.

If what I mean on any of these things is not clear I can post screenshots to better explain.

1. It aligns on its axis position, so either you move the axis (shortcut L) either you put it as a child of a null and it's the null which is aligned on the spline, you can so move your object as you want.
  2. Apparently you can't
  3. It doesn't annoy me or I don't see what you mean.
  1. It aligns on its axis position, so either you move the axis (shortcut L) either you put it as a child of a null and it's the null which is aligned on the spline, you can so move your object as you want.
  2. Apparently you can't
  3. It doesn't annoy me or I don't see what you mean.

​1. Thanks for the tip, but I haven't been able to get it working. Maybe I don't have it ordered right it the object manager or something. I've watched at least a dozen or more video tutorials on sweeping in C4D and never saw anybody do anything except sweep the shape right along the middle, so it seems to be a fairly little known procedure.

What I was wishing for was something like the video below (from a Modo script), but with splines (or with paths too if possible).

3. I just mean that you can't rename commands in custom pallets. There are various reasons someone might want to rename things. In my case I just want to make the names shorter so I can fit more in the available space.

• 2 months later...

Archived