WHAT? no R17 thread yet?

bobc4d

Camera tracking in C4D is mostly good, to very good. But too slow. I use SynthEyes. Which is superfast, has a thousand settings, and exports to C4D.

On occasions, C4D's camera tracking is better. But if a scene is more than 4 seconds, I fire up SynthEyes.

-Ingvar

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Scottishcpt

Also what is the problem with reflectance?  if you wanna it to work like before and have your normal passes "reflection and specular" just make sure when you build a new layer don't mix reflection and specular together.

1) You can't edit multiple parameters spread out across multiple materials at the same time.

2) They are forced and not backwards compatible to < R16 even if you're using the legacy channels only (once you save that file, that's it- you're stuck with R16).

There is nothing wrong with the feature itself, and everything wrong with the way MAXON implemented them. It should have been a separate material new to R16, rather then a huge kludge by being bolted into the existing materials. That way backwards compatibility could have been maintained and anyone who didn't like the new channel didn't have to use it.

-SC

Soften hard edges at rendering would be great too (bevel shader), vray has a such feature and I know there is a plugin in C4D but something build-in would be so cool! 

ye, edge shade is also great, as you can bake out the normal maps and use them in any render engine. very handy tool. 

For R17 I wish MAXON would speak more! You know? On forums or put out events and talk about what they are thinking of the future, etc etc. No more "we can't disclose anything" talk.

Even Autodesk, which is way bigger than MAXON, talks here and there about what's coming, what they are doing. They have a PM (for Max at least) who appears in the forums when the topic get much attention, they have events about what's coming next (like this years presentations on SIGGRAPH), etc.

It's very important for a company to have a presence online and have a "spokesman", something like what Brad Peebler does. You may not like Brad, but I doubt you wouldn't want somebody doing the same things for MAXON (talking to users, posting on threads about the future, etc etc).

For R17 I wish Maxon would speak more! You know? On forums or put out events and talk about what they are thinking of the future, etc etc. No more "we can't disclose anything" talk.

Even Autodesk, which is way bigger than Maxon, talks here and there about what's coming, what they are doing. They have a PM (for Max at least) who appears in the forums when the topic get much attention, they have events about what's coming next (like this years presentations on SIGGRAPH), etc.

It's very important for a company to have a presence online and have a "spokesman", something like what Brad Peebler does. You may not like Brad, but I doubt you wouldn't want somebody doing the same things for Maxon (talking to users, posting on threads about the future, etc etc).

I agree.

For R17 I wish MAXON would speak more! You know? On forums or put out events and talk about what they are thinking of the future, etc etc. No more "we can't disclose anything" talk.

Even Autodesk, which is way bigger than MAXON, talks here and there about what's coming, what they are doing. They have a PM (for Max at least) who appears in the forums when the topic get much attention, they have events about what's coming next (like this years presentations on SIGGRAPH), etc.

It's very important for a company to have a presence online and have a "spokesman", something like what Brad Peebler does. You may not like Brad, but I doubt you wouldn't want somebody doing the same things for MAXON (talking to users, posting on threads about the future, etc etc).

I also agree.  This would give them feedback from the users as to weather the feature will be a welcome one and start to generate buzz for the next release.  Thought with the bad integration of Team Render and reflection it seems they are dropping the ball a little.  Maybe all they would need is to stop ignoring their beta testers.  I hear they hardly communicate with the beta testers.  As a beta tester of other software, not c4d, I know once one thing has been fixed 10 more can pop up.  At minimum MAXON needs to let the beta testers have more information as to what is happening so we don't get Team Render or messed up refection again that takes 2 years or more to fix.

Archived