Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leffer

Two Worlds - 3D animated short film

Amazing job, well done! I loved the elephant-like character with his short little legs ^^

well done and congratulations. I liked the characters, the pace was perfect not too fast, not too slow and the CG was really good.

your movie kinda reminded me of Enemy Mine from the mid 80's

ye, wow! great work! Really great vfx, loved all the smoke and clouds and flames!

but above all really admire your self control to actually finish this. I find it incredibly difficult to bring personal projects to an end. 

I saw the movie on CGbros just after it was released..And it is really epic ^^

Good job ☺☺

I will vote and share this on my FB page..

Also,I watched all your tuts on Digital tutors and they really helped me a lot..

• Topic Author
  • I saw the movie on CGbros just after it was released..And it is really epic ^^

Good job ☺☺

I will vote and share this on my FB page..

Also,I watched all your tuts on Digital tutors and they really helped me a lot..

Hey, thanks for the support and thanks for kind words! It's appreciated :)

I'm so glad to finally see the finished piece! Well done, sir.

Guest maat

In a word … inspirational! As someone with his own major project in pre-production
    I can understand the level of STAMINA you needed to achieve your vision.

My hat off to you. If I was in your area - beer on me!

maat.

• Topic Author
  • First off, having the support of a great community like this has worked wonders on my stamina. So if anyone is taking any hats off, it's me to you. So thank you all for the kind words and support. It's well beyond appreciated :)

I never thought that a silly idea like this would blow up so rapidly...and didn't really have a plan in place. Turns out MAXON will be sending me to Siggraph this year in LA to present the film and chat about the making of, techniques, etc. So that should be a blast...nerve racking, but a blast!

Also, got word that 3D World magazine is doing a feature of it in the August issue in their Short Cuts section. To say the reaction has been great would be putting it lightly. Seriously...I had no real intentions on what to do with it once it finished, but I guess the gods are deciding that for me ;)

Cheers,

Andy

leffer, that is amazing and terrific news that reception of your movie has really taken root and not just by us but MAXON and 3D World.  :thumbsup:

One of my favourite CGI films is "The Spirits Within". Sadly, Cube went under. However, even watching that I can find crits and comments. Stuff they should have refined.

My point of saying that, I can find nothing in Two Worlds to adversely criticise. It is a masterpiece. Excellent job. I someday aspire to be half as good.

Guest JimW

Really nice work. Well worth your time and effort.

Great shot selection, sound design, camera work, and overall direction as well.

Awesome. I hope your efforts bring you great success.