Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leffer

Two Worlds - 3D animated short film

• Topic Author
  • First off, having the support of a great community like this has worked wonders on my stamina. So if anyone is taking any hats off, it's me to you. So thank you all for the kind words and support. It's well beyond appreciated :)

I never thought that a silly idea like this would blow up so rapidly...and didn't really have a plan in place. Turns out MAXON will be sending me to Siggraph this year in LA to present the film and chat about the making of, techniques, etc. So that should be a blast...nerve racking, but a blast!

Also, got word that 3D World magazine is doing a feature of it in the August issue in their Short Cuts section. To say the reaction has been great would be putting it lightly. Seriously...I had no real intentions on what to do with it once it finished, but I guess the gods are deciding that for me ;)

Cheers,

Andy

leffer, that is amazing and terrific news that reception of your movie has really taken root and not just by us but MAXON and 3D World.  :thumbsup:

One of my favourite CGI films is "The Spirits Within". Sadly, Cube went under. However, even watching that I can find crits and comments. Stuff they should have refined.

My point of saying that, I can find nothing in Two Worlds to adversely criticise. It is a masterpiece. Excellent job. I someday aspire to be half as good.

Guest JimW

Really nice work. Well worth your time and effort.

Great shot selection, sound design, camera work, and overall direction as well.

Awesome. I hope your efforts bring you great success.

good to hear you get the attention you deserve for this masterpiece.

Guest largadeer

Awesome, man. Very inspiring. You really have a lot of great work to show here, not just in modeling and all that, which is awesome, but your camera work and composition and everything. I'm slowly learning C4D but some day I hope to be able to put together something even remotely like this. Very cool. I hope that some great things come of it for you.

• Topic Author
  • Awesome, man. Very inspiring. You really have a lot of great work to show here, not just in modeling and all that, which is awesome, but your camera work and composition and everything. I'm slowly learning C4D but some day I hope to be able to put together something even remotely like this. Very cool. I hope that some great things come of it for you.

Hi Largadeer!

Thank you for that, it's really appreciated. Like I've mentioned, I never imagined I would reach this point and I also NEVER imagined getting such positive feedback and encouragement from such a great community. So, cheers to you and everyone that's helped me along the way :)

• Topic Author
  • Howdy Folks,

i'll be presenting Two Worlds at Siggraph this week (Tuesday 10:30 PST) and some techniques I used. Tune in for a live streaming here :)http://www.c4dlive.com/

Cheers

Guest largadeer

Is there a recorded version of your Siggraph presentation? I was able to watch some of it and I believe there was a part where you started to talk about creating the - I'm not even totally sure how to describe this, but - custom animation controls that look like sliders in the actual work area of C4D. I've seen other presentations that contain them but I haven't found a tutorial that actually goes into how to create them. I will note that this differs from creating custom User Data on a null object, for example, and accessing it from the Attributes pane. It might be closely related or accomplish nearly the same thing, but it seemed cool to have access to those controls right near your character. Hopefully this makes sense.

-Perhaps there is a recorded version of your presentation, and if I recall you started to go into this?

-Or perhaps you (or someone else) knows of a related tutorial.

Thanks!

You can find Andy's presentation here:

http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaytut/siggraph_2015_rewind_andy_lefton_breakdown_of_two_worlds_animated_short

The functionality you're describing is User Data, and the option to add any parameter to the HUD. Basically you just right-click any attribute and choose "Add to HUD". Andy shows it beginning at the 30min mark.