Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leffer

Two Worlds - 3D animated short film

good to hear you get the attention you deserve for this masterpiece.

Guest largadeer

Awesome, man. Very inspiring. You really have a lot of great work to show here, not just in modeling and all that, which is awesome, but your camera work and composition and everything. I'm slowly learning C4D but some day I hope to be able to put together something even remotely like this. Very cool. I hope that some great things come of it for you.

• Topic Author
  • Awesome, man. Very inspiring. You really have a lot of great work to show here, not just in modeling and all that, which is awesome, but your camera work and composition and everything. I'm slowly learning C4D but some day I hope to be able to put together something even remotely like this. Very cool. I hope that some great things come of it for you.

Hi Largadeer!

Thank you for that, it's really appreciated. Like I've mentioned, I never imagined I would reach this point and I also NEVER imagined getting such positive feedback and encouragement from such a great community. So, cheers to you and everyone that's helped me along the way :)

• Topic Author
  • Howdy Folks,

i'll be presenting Two Worlds at Siggraph this week (Tuesday 10:30 PST) and some techniques I used. Tune in for a live streaming here :)http://www.c4dlive.com/

Cheers

Guest largadeer

Is there a recorded version of your Siggraph presentation? I was able to watch some of it and I believe there was a part where you started to talk about creating the - I'm not even totally sure how to describe this, but - custom animation controls that look like sliders in the actual work area of C4D. I've seen other presentations that contain them but I haven't found a tutorial that actually goes into how to create them. I will note that this differs from creating custom User Data on a null object, for example, and accessing it from the Attributes pane. It might be closely related or accomplish nearly the same thing, but it seemed cool to have access to those controls right near your character. Hopefully this makes sense.

-Perhaps there is a recorded version of your presentation, and if I recall you started to go into this?

-Or perhaps you (or someone else) knows of a related tutorial.

Thanks!

You can find Andy's presentation here:

http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaytut/siggraph_2015_rewind_andy_lefton_breakdown_of_two_worlds_animated_short

The functionality you're describing is User Data, and the option to add any parameter to the HUD. Basically you just right-click any attribute and choose "Add to HUD". Andy shows it beginning at the 30min mark.

Guest largadeer

Excellent, thank you!

What an effort......What dedication....What patience.....What Don't you know how to do?

Great Great Great I love it.  Wished I could do as much for my lil vidz.

Best and Regards,

Randal R.

• Topic Author
  • Hey All,

Thank you for the kind words! I've been a bit busy with work, so haven't had much time to browse the ol cafe. Things with Two Worlds has been quite consistent and hope to contribute more time to it in the near future after things wind down.

Cheers,

Andy

• Topic Author
  • Hey All,

Two Worlds is up for voting over at Reel 13 Film Fest. I would be eternally grateful if you could cast a vote for my film :) Cheers, Andy

Vote here -

http://www.thirteen.org/reel13/voted/

• Topic Author
  • The film has picked up quite a bit of laurels...and that comes as quite the surprise! I've been working on my second film now and hope it doesn't take as long. Ha!