Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3DKiwi

Discovering BodyPaint with 3DKiwi tutorial - Now free

We'll miss ya when ya go.... thanks for this, and your inspiration and help these past few years...:thisrocks:

• Topic Author
  • We'll miss ya when ya go.... thanks for this, and your inspiration and help these past few years...:thisrocks:

I'm not actually going, I just won't be running the cafe and using C4D. I'll still be a member and I'll still be posting albeit less frequently.

when you stop by would you post some of your work in Modo?

Thanks, I bought your first tutorial.

If this is the second one, I will check the differences between the two. Though I'm sure it is still useful as I don't think much has changed since.

thank you :)

• Topic Author
  • Looks like Vimeo have sorted out the videos not being visible to guests on the album page. I just visited as a guest and could see them.

Hope you're enjoying the videos (that's assuming anyone still uses Bodypaint. Anyone serious about their 3D painting would be using something else and given up on Bodypaint years ago).

Thanks Nigel :)

Thanks, Nigel! What a lovely parting gift.

Looks like Vimeo have sorted out the videos not being visible to guests on the album page. I just visited as a guest and could see them.

Hope you're enjoying the videos (that's assuming anyone still uses Bodypaint. Anyone serious about their 3D painting would be using something else and given up on Bodypaint years ago).

I hope that's tongue in cheek. BP may not be the best, and may not be as good as free tools (Blender's UV tools are very good) but for single application workflow it still works well.

• Topic Author
  • I hope that's tongue in cheek.

Nope. I was being serious. Here we are at R16 and Bodypaint and modelling still don't have symmetry. Just part of the reason I'm jumping ship. What I would describe as basic functionality is absent in C4D.

Nope. I was being serious. Here we are at R16 and Bodypaint and modelling still don't have symmetry. Just part of the reason I'm jumping ship. What I would describe as basic functionality is absent in C4D.

Each to their own. BP unwrapping of complex meshes is lousy. BP 3D painting, is still a good option (and easier than exporting the UV to a 3rd party , then painting, then re-importing|). Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not in need of a serious update, but it's still usable.

Thanks for all your commitment and hard work in building this place up, Nigel. I've learnt a lot here.