Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grain

2015 Reel

• Topic Author
  • I've finally put together a new reel for 2015 and thought I'd share it with you all here. Let me know what you think! 

Looks wonderful! It is great to see such variety in visual styles handled so deftly.

• Topic Author
  • Cheers guys! 

Very nice work. I also like the mix of styles.

Guest Jonnyfive

i thought this was awesome. great music choice

• Topic Author
  • Thanks everyone. The track is Devour by Little Sims.

great music choice

Thanks everyone. The track is Devour by Little Sims.

While it doesn't offend me in the least, I guarantee you that it will offend some of your audience. And it might just offend the one person who has the best job you'll never do waiting for you, but for the music.

• Topic Author
  • Hi StCanas, thanks for watching the reel. I take your feedback on board (and if you've got a sweet job to give me that would be great!), but besides your take on it I've had pretty much completely positive feedback on the track choice. And more new work enquiries than I've had in the last couple of years.

Showreel music choice is always subjective, but I use it to almost pre-select the sort of work I want to be getting more of. I am interested in working for fashion and high end brands that like to do work for a young, energetic audience. I'm not interested in making infographics for Banks necessarily. although I have done that in the past (and it pays well!).

I guess my final take on it is, if someone is so offended by the audio that they don't watch the pictures then I'm not worried about missing out on their employ. I'd sit through a reel edited to top 40 Country and Western, or the macarena if the pictures were nice.

Sorry this reply rambled a bit, just thought it was an interesting topic.