Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hrvoje

Cafe back & new owner

Welcome Hrvoje,

Maybe you could fill the tutorials section with your Vertex Pusher series now. Kind of a proof of your good faith :wackywink:

I regularly re-watch the Vertex Pusher tutorials. There's never been anything quite like them. Over on the modo forums when people ask what kind of tutorials we'd like I repeatedly suggest emulating the Vertex Pusher tutorials (unfortunately to no avail).

Great to see this site back up again.  Last 4+ weeks have been...well...depressing. You had R16 bashing, MAXON bashing, R17 bashing (and it hasn't even been released yet) and even the general concept of a forum in general has been bashed over at the CGNetworks C4D forum.  On top of all that, Nigel is transitioning out of C4D, selling the Cafe and then the site goes off-line for a week.  It was like watching the neighborhood you grew up being torn down with no idea what was going to be put back in its place.  Up until yesterday, I had no idea whether the site was down permanently, whether it was going to be replaced by something else, and/or whether whatever replaced it would have the same creative environment in which people who cared about C4D would share their knowledge.

But the last two days have restored my faith.  Cafe is in the hands of the right people (I could not think of better Admins that Hrvoje and Igor - Long live the Croatians!!!  :lol:), the site is back (and running quite zippy here in the US), and best of all, the forum members are slowly returning.  

Great to see an old friend again in my web-browser.

Dave

P.S. One other benefit of having Hrvoje as the owner --- for him to go over to modo requires a career change!

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

@3D-Pangel ,

thanks for having confidence in us,some really strong words you throw at us. :)  We are going to do our best to run everything smoothly. I doubt we are going to make everyone happy,but expect nothing but best from us,at least we are going to give our best. ;)

Most important for us is that we really love and enjoy what we do. I really want for this place to be embraced from everyone and we would love if everyone would enjoy staying here and helping others if they can.

Arigato to all! ;)  

Cheers,

Igor

P.S. Having Hrvoje as Senpai,you just couldn't ask for more.

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Although I am tempted, I think customers would then loose on their value and it would be quite loooooong upload for me. But I wont say no and will think about it. :)

This customer got his money's worth a long time ago. The big job would involve editing them to reflect changes in C4D menus and such.

Win 7, 8 core PC with 12 Gb RAM 64 Bit

congrats to everyone being back on... i noticed the wip section has only 12 topics, will the older ones be restored or do we have to make new ones?

Sorry to say you will have to make a new topic. In the transfer all forum attachments were lost. Where they were stored on the old server is a mystery as I thought that I had copied everything. It seemed pointless to me having WIP topics with missing image attachments, so I deleted all of the topics leaving all recent ones that either had the images or had video or external links. Similarly the Challenge entry topics all had missing images so they have been axed as well. Fortunately the Challenge winners in the gallery were largely unaffected and where there were missing images I replaced them as I do have backups of the challenge winning images.

I'm glad the cafe is in good hands as well. I just didn't want to sell it on to anyone and have them ruin my baby. I would rather have closed it down than have any old person running it. I wish Hrvoje and Igor well. I'm sure good things are coming for C4D at some point in the future and that Maxon's communication will improve. (Can't get any worse so they can only improve). Ironically The Foundary have been hammered lately about their virtual silence over Modo 901 being buggy so it's not all plain sailing in Modo land. What I gather is for some users like me, 901 has worked pretty reliably then for others and those on Mac's it has been very crash prone.

Everything should be fully functional here now apart from any forum topics created prior to the move to the new host / new owner. Attachments in all those topics are gone forever. Attachments never hung around forever anyway as members had to delete them so that they had storage room for new attachments. Many of the lost attachments were in fact mine.

Members will need to:

Reload their personal profile image / avatar if they had one.
Check their gallery (Control panel > My Activity > Images). If you have no images or some are missing then you will need to reload them as some images were lost.

WIP forum - create a new topic if you had started one recently and load up your images again.

Please let me know via pm of anything not working e.g. broken file downloads or any broken images. Everything should be fully functional and the last forum bug fix a few days ago addressed a few issues. More fixes are coming but the majority of bugs with this new forum version have been resolved.

Cheers
Nigel

Congratulations Hrvoje, nice to see the Cafe is staying "in the family"!

Good luck running it, I'm sure it will be swell :)

I seem to have had some issues connecting to the cafe, resulting in an error now and then.

Since today, the Theme always reverted back to the default one. And now the Theme selection isn't available anymore. I guess this Theme had something to do with the occassional errors? Which is the reason it got removed. Or am I experiencing other issues now?

+1

I seem to have lost the silver theme, the one that I'd prefer.

I'm sure you'll get it straightened out.

+1

I seem to have lost the silver theme, the one that I'd prefer.

I'm sure you'll get it straightened out.

We are aware of this issue. Host transferring was not smooth as we wanted to be,so please give us some time to make everything works how it should. :)

Cheers,

Igor

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy: