Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fastbee

Leaving or staying with C4D for what and why?

Cutman... just switch to a different software, you clearly have some rage problems... 

R17 has fixed a lot of workflow issues. And so far from what i see hasn't broken anything *cough* multi editing of reflect mats *cough*

MAXON is a company in a free market, it can choose to reveal as much or as little as it wants. it can switch to producing toilet paper if it wants to. 

Your language has gone to some ridiculous level, as if you are talking to someone who owes you something and you are entitled to your candy, like a fat spoilt kid to a crumbling mother... 

@hSrdelic: Don't be discouraged by the minority. :) we all love you. 

Cutman... just switch to a different software, you clearly have some rage problems... 

Do please explain. Please highlight anything I've written where I've flown into a rage.

But you aren't conveying the information we want, hints mean nothing. For the avoidance of doubt, we don't want a roadmap or company secrets we want information like Rick relayed regarding Bodypaint. I would like to know if the object handling performance is actively being worked on and if it is a big long job manage this expectations.

Why does it have to be a battle to get a reasonable level of communication going?

Look at your competitors and see how much more information they share with their customers or your future customers if that helps concentrate the mind. The cynic in me is beginning to think if we scratch too deeply we might not like what we find. That the genius programmers who started C4D have long gone fishing and there's a bunch of second raters left who think the perpetual MSA payments are only for buggy amateur level features, repackaged 3rd party plugins and content browser presets, you know, the stuff that's been served up for the last few releases.

Let's not get carried away. This is part of a usual series that Digital Tutors create. Similar releases in recent years have included Cinema 4D for Maya Artists, Maya for Cinema 4D Artists (add 3ds Max, Softimage where appropriate) etc. It's just the timing that's unfortunate for MAXON, not some kind of coordinated effort by Digital Tutors and The Foundry.

The world of software marketing is cutthroat, but there's no conspiracy against MAXON, just a bunch of vendors attacking Maxons current weaknesses. I personally believe MAXON have created this weak position for themselves but I'm sure they'll fight back.

I personally want to thank HSrdelic for keeping this forum going and for his support here and through VP tutorials. I was underwhelmed with this release of C4D, but I am dismayed by the unprofessional tone of some of the personal attacks on this forum. I own Modo as well, and for me, it may be better in certain areas, but is not a reasonable alternative overall for what I need to do.

Let's not get carried away. This is part of a usual series that Digital Tutors create. Similar releases in recent years have included Cinema 4D for Maya Artists, Maya for Cinema 4D Artists (add 3ds Max, Softimage where appropriate) etc. It's just the timing that's unfortunate for MAXON, not some kind of coordinated effort by Digital Tutors and The Foundary.

The world of software marketing is cutthroat, but there's no conspiracy against MAXON, just a bunch of vendors attacking Maxons current weaknesses. I personally believe MAXON have created this weak position for themselves but I'm sure they'll fight back.

But that was my point exactly. More of cheap shots at MAXON, not a conspiracy. :)

Guest cinemajames

I personally want to thank HSrdelic for keeping this forum going and for his support here and through VP tutorials. I was underwhelmed with this release of C4D, but I am dismayed by the unprofessional tone of some of the personal attacks on this forum. I own Modo as well, and for me, it may be better in certain areas, but is not a reasonable alternative overall for what I need to do.

Totally agree. Also have Modo. Its no C4D replacement. More complementary. 

I dont understand people who ask MAXON to reveal parts of their roadmap and talk as if the competition does that. I went to the Modo forums and ask them if they will implement motion tools like Mograph or a title tool... and I got no answer from The Foundry. Nada.

You see only what you want to see... Autodesk is purchasing Mash, and showing videos about the future of Modeling.. but thats it, they wont answer you anything they dont show you, in fact they will lie to you, like they did when all softimage users were told "everything would be alright" and at the same time moved the entire developer team to Singapure before kill XSI. And remember, C4D, did show ahead of time Houdini integration and Cineware.

What would be the equivalent of bodypaint in Autodesk?.. oh right...please, go ahead to Autodesk forums and ask them about the future of Mudbox.

Having said that, this is exactly why MAXON requires an official forum. Srek and Hdrselic got burned and tired, and rightly so. An employer dedicated to forums cant have that luxury. An employer, like us, has to suck it up when your client demands deadlines you cant deliver.

Guest pgoski

I agree and it didn't need a committee meeting or a plane trip to Germany to discuss whether a public comment could be made.

As stated earlier by Rick, the meeting in Germany is not to figure out if a public comment can be made, but to make sure that the entire company is on the same page regarding how such communication will be handled.

Could this be done over the phone...sure...but also remember there is a NINE hour time difference between Germany and California. This makes phone calls fairly difficult for the people involved (These guys all have families), especially on something so important. (Yes, they could work overtime...and they already do.)

Email could also be an option...but I'm sure we all know how difficult in can be to have a nuanced conversation between a group of people via email.

So...the most effective way to create a proper dialogue between all offices is to meet at a single location, in the same timezone, and talk things through.