Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fastbee

Leaving or staying with C4D for what and why?

Suppressing a topic (through various means) is ultimately little different than censorship. I stand for...and I fight for freedom. Always. Zmotive...I truly know you meant well, but no...we don't need anyone dictating or manipulating the course of discussion. I will get feisty if this site starts to do that kind of thing...and from what I can tell I'm far from the only one who feels that way! 

Rick gets it...and his approach/tone of dialog and transparency should lead the way.

*shrug*

Do whatcha gotta do guys. Vague threads predicated on negative vibes rarely go anywhere. It's the vague part I'm not in favor of, and the thread locking idea is to encourage people to *be specific and focused*, not to be silent. There's a big difference but obviously the context is lost at this point.

just dont answer anymore and let this thread die.

just dont answer anymore and let this thread die.

That's often the best way to let a thread go, unless it's getting out of hand. Just let it die of natural causes. Even the most worked up will finally say all they have to say.

That's often the best way to let a thread go, unless it's getting out of hand. Just let it die of natural causes. Even the most worked up will finally say all they have to say.

Agreed. The Foundry almost never close threads they let them fizzle out like all conversations do eventually. By closing threads that express views that some don't particularly like doesn't address those views it just means they spring up in other threads and the toxic vibe perpetuates. You see this happening on CGTalk regularly when threads are closed or one of the MAXON moderators goes around flagging posts like the R17 thread over there. It's absurd to think you can just moderate criticism away and out of sight and just showed contempt for a customer with legitimate concerns. I can't stand CGTalk which is why I'm not a member.

Nigel has fostered something different with the Cafe and the atmosphere is much more conducive to a robust discussion without becoming rude or offensive.

I've said everything I think I need to say on the subject and Rick's and Patrick's interventions here show me there are people within MAXON who are on the case. Whether things change remains to be seen but I'm certainly willing to give them every chance. If things change it's great news but if they don't we all know where we stand and I (and my ilk) can move on from there.

Cheers.

Nigel has fostered something different with the Cafe and the atmosphere is much more conducive to a robust discussion without becoming rude or offensive.

The Cafe certainly has a much better atmosphere in general than you often see at CGTalk where it sometimes descends into people spitting at each other. It often means we'll get closed down sooner (not that I've seen that happen that often), but it also means that when we are tucked into something it generally remains civil.