• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Igor

New Features/Themes Discussion

New Features  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Theme's variations?

• Yes
    • No
    • Waste of time!

• Topic Author
  • Suggestions are more than welcomed!  :cowboypistol:

New topic regarding features can be find HERE.

Igor

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Using the link button to insert a link with highlighted text isn't working with the Cafe Cinema 01 theme. Quite a nice theme and I prefer the blocks on the right hand side to having them on the left hand side as with the Cafe Cinema 02 theme.

Looks like you're tinkering with the forum index page. Have fun :)

• Topic Author
  • CAFE testing!

@3DKiwi it's working for me.

Thanks for taking time to give an opinion.

Regards,

Igor

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

I am a dummy...I cannot seem to figure out what the theme is?

looked at posts..announcements and links...

Is this in reference to the Look and Layout of the website?

I got no complaints at this time.....

-- Ever get that feeling from a movie trailer, you can't wait to see it ? --That is what it does to me.

I dont really like either of the new themes... 

but in the last 1 or 2 days, something changed with the "default" theme, which is the one i like most. The text seems to have gotten very grey, and now there is not enough contrast between it and the background. Could someone maybe change that?

[edit]: just looked again: ips support (default) works well and looks nice. 

• Topic Author
  • I dont really like either of the new themes... 

but in the last 1 or 2 days, something changed with the "default" theme, which is the one i like most. The text seems to have gotten very grey, and now there is not enough contrast between it and the background. Could someone maybe change that?

[edit]: just looked again: ips support (default) works well and looks nice. 

IPS and Default themes are almost the same. I only changed background color from white to something more easier on the eye. 

Thanks for insight. We still waiting some more themes to be made for IPS 4.X. 

Regards,

Igor

ok, nice, now both themes have readable text. =) 

Yeah, im all for darker themes, but i think its just a matter of colors. The default theme is very well designed and layed out in my opinion. 

i did some googling and i think this is the nices dark theme i found. 

https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/7590-gamers-time-40-by-themetree/

obviously change the color to something blue.

surprising lack of nice looking themes... I wonder why themeforests doesnt have a category for ips.. 

Folks, just to keep you informed regarding forum I think you should know that currently there is just handful of themes available and that this forum version is a bit..err..buggy:)
    Also, we are in contact with respectable theme designer and are looking into creating couple of unique themes exclusively for C4DCafe. This will become actual once the Logo challenge is done and we can combine both the theme and logo. After that we will be looking into some new challenges which will include nice prizes.

It is worth mentioning that if you have any ideas on how the Cafe can be improved and what you would like to see in future, don't hesitate to contact Igor and Me (same PM conversation).

Cheers

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

The new themes are much better even I still prefer the default theme light one. It's my taste but I find white text on a darker background less readable (same goes for CGTalk)

I like the new Cafe themes and the alternate versions. I was thinking the reverse of what Nigel said about the block being on the right. I preferred them on the left. I thought it was a water going down the plughole in different directions thing :wackywink:.

I use two monitors and I use the left one for my web browser so, I thought I'd have a play about. I prefer the blocks on the left when viewed on my left monitor and the blocks on the right when viewed on the right monitor.

So theme variations is a yes for me.

If in doubt, scream and shout.

• Topic Author
  • The new themes are much better even I still prefer the default theme light one. It's my taste but I find white text on a darker background less readable (same goes for CGTalk)

You could give me your favorite color palette and Ill make custom theme for you. ;)

@James Leaburn thanks James,good to know someone finding it useful. :)

Regards,

Igor

Hi,

I'm new in here and the default themes fits very well for me. But I think, variations are always helpful. We are all unique people with unique tastes. With variations everyone can choose the theme that fits the personal taste best.

Great forum here, I'm glad I found you :D

Have a nice sunday

Chrissy

• BLOGS / NEWS & SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS

About Us

C4D Cafe is the largest Cinema 4D community. We provide facilities for discussion, showcasing and learning our favourite software.
    Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, watch tutorials directly from our video gallery,  get your own private messenger, post and upload images, manage your profile and much more. If you need to find solution to your problem or otherwise ask for help, C4D Cafe is the right place to be for learning 3D.  :cowboypistol: