• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Igor

New Features/Themes Discussion

New Features  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Theme's variations?

• Yes
    • No
    • Waste of time!

I appreciate the effort to provide different themes, and I do prefer the new Envision Boxed theme, as it is less dark than the Envision Clean Dark. While the default IPS Light is ... well, a little too light.

So, this Cinema-like theme is probably my new favourite. Only drawback is the "header" (with cafe logo at left and browse and activity at right) when scrolling through a page. Nice to know I am browsing the C4D cafe, but it takes up some room.

• Topic Author
  • @C4DS, thanks for taking your time to comment. Now, if I make smaller logo for Header, then we are stuck with to small logo globaly, as @Vector said, it's to small then. Not sure what I can do to change this, I'll try to remove it from the scrolling header.

Igor

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Loving this charcoal dark grey colour and the little new tag next to the areas of the Café that have new content is a neat little addition aswell starting to look really pro now :D

Hi Igor

That hover feature you mentioned doesn't work for me in safari, hovering over the profile icon works but not for the subject matter. I will concede that safari isn't the most popular browser but I like it for its simplicity.

Personally I still feel showing the last post instead of the first is a backwards step. For me seeing the answer without the question is weird, Im left guessing what the question might be. Like trying to read my newspaper with only headlines and all the text blocked out.

Deck

• Topic Author
  • @deck, not sure about Safari. I personally using Opera for Cafe but everything working just fine with Chrome and Mozilla. I'll have to check why that thing not working with Safari. 

I am trying to find that option where I can set that rule. I know what you mean and it makes sense.

Regards,

Igor

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Guest pgoski

Digging the redesign.

I don't know what theme I am on, but what ever it is it looks way cleaner and more professional than previous themes.

Hopefully this will help stop the "OMG my eyes response" experienced by some the first time they arrive on site.

great work so far.

Also the new logo is much better than the previous redesign.

Envision Boxed is soooooo clean and beautiful . I love it!! I hope it will survive the updates!!

• Topic Author
  • @pgoski, @RLaskey , thanks guys, we appreciate it. :wackywink:

But you had me scared for a moment @pgoski:compChat:

Regards,

Igor

Folks, we will provide one more lighter theme and that way we hope to cover everyone's personal preference regarding visual presentation.
    Additionally, we will tweak the and optimize forum for mobile devices as much as possible. The goal is to have fast, responsive, clean and professional looking forum. We simply won't settle for anything less than that for our members :respect:

Cheers

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

• Topic Author
  • Guys, new Envision Light theme is up and its here to be tested. There are still some work around it, so be kind to give some suggestions.

I hope you like it!

Regards,

Igor

Had a look at it bro and to be honest I still think envision dark I think it's called is by far the best looking. It's. Pretty damn sexy in my opinion ;) I don't know how the other members feel about it but although it's a nice option to have alternate themes personally I think we'd be better off just having the one, so that we all see the Café in the same way, maybe have a vote as to which is the most popular overall? 

• Topic Author
  • On 11/28/2015, 7:10:44, Vector said:

Had a look at it bro and to be honest I still think envision dark I think it's called is by far the best looking. It's. Pretty damn sexy in my opinion ;) I don't know how the other members feel about it but although it's a nice option to have alternate themes personally I think we'd be better off just having the one, so that we all see the Café in the same way, maybe have a vote as to which is the most popular overall? 

Letting people have some choice will do no harm, at least I hope. :)

Envision Dark is default theme and if someone don't like it, at least they can change it to maybe something more suitable for them. Thats the idea behind skins. I am using dark theme too, because my eyes don't burn when looking at it which is not the case with the light themes. 

Cheers,

Igor

• BLOGS

About Us

C4D Cafe is the largest Cinema 4D community. We provide facilities for discussion, showcasing and learning our favourite software.
    Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, watch tutorials directly from our video gallery,  get your own private messenger, post and upload images, manage your profile and much more. If you need to find solution to your problem or otherwise ask for help, C4D Cafe is the right place to be for learning 3D.  :cowboypistol: