Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Igor

New Features/Themes Discussion

New Features  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Theme's variations?

• Yes
    • No
    • Waste of time!

Had a look at it bro and to be honest I still think envision dark I think it's called is by far the best looking. It's. Pretty damn sexy in my opinion ;) I don't know how the other members feel about it but although it's a nice option to have alternate themes personally I think we'd be better off just having the one, so that we all see the Café in the same way, maybe have a vote as to which is the most popular overall? 

• Topic Author
  • Admin
    Author of the topic Posted
    On 11/28/2015, 7:10:44, Vector said:

Had a look at it bro and to be honest I still think envision dark I think it's called is by far the best looking. It's. Pretty damn sexy in my opinion ;) I don't know how the other members feel about it but although it's a nice option to have alternate themes personally I think we'd be better off just having the one, so that we all see the Café in the same way, maybe have a vote as to which is the most popular overall? 

Letting people have some choice will do no harm, at least I hope. :)

Envision Dark is default theme and if someone don't like it, at least they can change it to maybe something more suitable for them. Thats the idea behind skins. I am using dark theme too, because my eyes don't burn when looking at it which is not the case with the light themes. 

Cheers,

Igor

4 minutes ago, SIgor said:

Letting people have some choice will do no harm, at least I hope. :)

Envision Dark is default theme and if someone don't like it, at least they can change it to maybe something more suitable for them. Thats the idea behind skins. I am using dark theme too, because my eyes don't burn when looking at it which is not the case with the light themes. 

Cheers,

Igor

That's fair mate dark is just too sexy 

Is there a way we could incorporate a the latest gallery images back on the home page like is was before, and simular to 3dtotal site? Rather than having to go specifically to the gallery.

• Topic Author
  • Admin
    1 minute ago, Vector said:

That's fair mate dark is just too sexy 

Well, thank you, I spent many hours trying to get something good. :Bananeyessss:

Igor

• Topic Author
  • Admin

@Vector, for now I doubt we are going to change anything but in the future we are going to try and make Cafe more professional etc.

We don't have much control over the templates, looks etc. Complicated stuff. Hrvoje and me regularly  discussing about future plans and one of the idea is to have more control over the looks and feels of the forum and we will hire someone to make everything from ground up if needed. 

Much of that depend on you guys too. If there is only one person who wants change to better, than whats the point? You must know this stuff cost, a lot!

;)

Cheers,

Igor

8 minutes ago, SIgor said:

@Vector, for now I doubt we are going to change anything but in the future we are going to try and make Cafe more professional etc.

We don't have much control over the templates, looks etc. Complicated stuff. Hrvoje and me regularly  discussing about future plans and one of the idea is to have more control over the looks and feels of the forum and we will hire someone to make everything from ground up if needed. 

Much of that depend on you guys too. If there is only one person who wants change to better, than whats the point? You must know this stuff cost, a lot!

;)

Cheers,

Igor

I appreciate that bro, already the Café is improving and looking more professional, I think that would be a good idea man, the cafes looking good but there's still some ways to go before its on the same level visually as the other big sites like cg talk ect, id be willing to make a donation, as I'm sure other members would aswell if it means improving the Café for everyone, to help pay for a professional to custom design the Café for us, this is a valuable tool for everyone so I don't think it would be unreasonable for some of the members to give something back ; )

• Topic Author
  • Admin

Of course, I am sure people would like to help, but we can't just ask for money. We need to offer something to be even in position to politely ask community for any kind of donation or help. I am sure we are going to think of something that everyone will like. 3DKiwi had Support Club, so we are going to stick with that I think. Will see what future brings us. ;)

Lets just hope for the best.

Igor 

8 minutes ago, SIgor said:

Of course, I am sure people would like to help, but we can't just ask for money. We need to offer something to be even in position to politely ask community for any kind of donation or help. I am sure we are going to think of something that everyone will like. 3DKiwi had Support Club, so we are going to stick with that I think. Will see what future brings us. ;)

Lets just hope for the best.

Igor 

how about a series of admin/owner made tutorials or something similar, would be good to see what you guys can do !

• Topic Author
  • Admin
    11 minutes ago, Vector said:

how about a series of admin/owner made tutorials or something similar, would be good to see what you guys can do !

You never heard about Vertex Pusher? :)

And we said already that we are going to bring new tutorials after R18 release. Hrvoje is just to busy with his private life and Maxon. And I personally cant see myself recording anything. Thing I could do is to maybe stream how to model something, but making tutorials, I don't think so. :)

Igor