Igor

New Features/Themes Discussion

New Features  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Theme's variations?

• Yes
    • No
    • Waste of time!

I think Search should me on the main tab instead of under the activity tab. It's a small change but i find myself looking for it every time i login.

cheers

Andreas

• Topic Author
  • Guys completely new theme is installed, feel free to check it out. By new, I meant that another programmer built it, so its really different from default. So we are going to left only two themes, because we learned when IPS getting updated, themes tend to break. Envision theme is completely different from default theme that we purchased from them, but new one is default so I will not have to change code and tons of colors just to make it right. New theme is from IPS Focus and I hope you guys will like it and its white btw. 

Suggestions for background are welcomed as I can put more than one image to choose when selecting background.

Igor

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:00 AM, SIgor said:

Guys completely new theme is installed, feel free to check it out.

This new theme is interesting. I like the color-changing background. I'm sure I'll get annoyed by it at some point, but I think it's fun for now. 

One thing I don't like about the new theme is that it makes every reply in a thread its own very distinct box which kind of interrupts the flow of conversation. Is there a way to eliminate the break between posts? The black header line is distracting enough without seeing the background between each post too.

• Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, Greatszalam said:

This new theme is interesting. I like the color-changing background. I'm sure I'll get annoyed by it at some point, but I think it's fun for now. 

One thing I don't like about the new theme is that it makes every reply in a thread its own very distinct box which kind of interrupts the flow of conversation. Is there a way to eliminate the break between posts? The black header line is distracting enough without seeing the background between each post too.

There is more into this theme than changing background color. Theme is little broken after the latest IPS update, but in a few days everything should be fine and you will have options to change background color, or put random image background. Check the attachment, with those buttons you can change few things. 

Ill see what I can do, thanks for insight. :)

Regards,

Igor

2016-04-11_20h32_52.png

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

• Topic Author
  • On 4/11/2016 at 11:26 PM, Greatszalam said:

I find that a lot easier to read now, thank you. :)

New theme is now hopefully fixed. You can now also change background image, not only colors. One question remains, what background images to use for the Cafe?! Suggestions are more than welcomed!

Igor

The attached where I have highlighted in red doesn't look right to me. This is on my desktop monitor running at 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Unread.PNG

I reckon you need to remove as much space as you can. Here's what the cafe looks like on my Android tablet running at 1024 x 768 resolution. I have to scroll down a complete page to get any meaningful content.

Screenshot_2016-04-27-08-07-56.pngScreenshot_2016-04-27-08-09-30.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SIgor said:

New theme is now hopefully fixed. You can now also change background image, not only colors. One question remains, what background images to use for the Cafe?! Suggestions are more than welcomed!

Igor

I'd suggest nice C4D renders. Perhaps using the latest contest winner(s). Or maybe some other inspirational piece. Reach out to folks who've done nice C4D work and ask for images at whatever resolution you need for a BG image.

• Like 1

Not bad idea, agree with Michael...

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 23 minutes ago, Greatszalam said:

I'd suggest nice C4D renders. Perhaps using the latest contest winner(s). Or maybe some other inspirational piece. Reach out to folks who've done nice C4D work and ask for images at whatever resolution you need for a BG image.

Great idea, thanks. :cowboypistol: If you guys have something to share, let me know. ;)

2 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

The attached where I have highlighted in red doesn't look right to me. This is on my desktop monitor running at 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Unread.PNG

I reckon you need to remove as much space as you can. Here's what the cafe looks like on my Android tablet running at 1024 x 768 resolution. I have to scroll down a complete page to get any meaningful content.

Screenshot_2016-04-27-08-07-56.pngScreenshot_2016-04-27-08-09-30.png

Thanks Nigel, I am aware of that. Problem is, I had to wait new update from IPS to fix all the problems, so fixing that right after the 4.1.10 patch wasn't logical, because I knew new patch is coming and who knows what else would be broken, so I waited 4.1.11 update, which I run today. So expect this to be fixed in a few days. I have bunch of work and fixing default theme from IPB Foro is daunting and time consuming, specially when I am aware that new update is coming soon. I hope you understand.

Regards,

Igor

Sorry for a stupid question but... where can I actually change between the themes? A previous post mentioned that there should be a link on the lower-left corner of the footer (next to "Privacy Policy" and "Contact Us"), but I don't see any. Is this a temporary glitch or am I really this blind...?