New Features/Themes Discussion

New Features  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Theme's variations?

• Yes
    • No
    • Waste of time!

• Topic Author
  • Topic edited for better insight into new features. Hope you like it! :)

Cheers,

Igor

Edited by SIgor

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

The themes seem great and offer lots of variations.

The thing I miss more then anything else on this forum is a go to "First Unread" button for individual threads.  I find (especially when viewing on mobile) that I have to scroll and scroll and scroll to get to new posts and/or just click last page and then scroll. :)

evanalexander.com     Abusing chromatic aberration heavily since 2011....

The themes seem great and offer lots of variations.

The thing I miss more then anything else on this forum is a go to "First Unread" button for individual threads.  I find (especially when viewing on mobile) that I have to scroll and scroll and scroll to get to new posts and/or just click last page and then scroll. :)

See the attached image.

firstunread.png

• Topic Author
  • The themes seem great and offer lots of variations.

Glad to hear that. Did 3DKiwi answered your question? :)

Regards,

Igor

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Some of the new features can be useful, but I find the new 'unread topic badge' to be overkill. Currently, the unread topics are showing as bold text. That's already easily identifiable. The extra green 'unread topic badge' is then only resulting in information overload.

Also, some of the colored texts (light pink, light blue, yellow) are almost unreadable when viewed with a non-dark scheme. I understand some favor dark scheme, but if the purpose is to have a variations of schemes, then color of text should be adjusted so that it remains readable for whatever theme is selected.

There, I've expressed how I feel about it :wackywink:

• Topic Author
  • Some of the new features can be useful, but I find the new 'unread topic badge' to be overkill. Currently, the unread topics are showing as bold text. That's already easily identifiable. The extra green 'unread topic badge' is then only resulting in information overload.

Also, some of the colored texts (light pink, light blue, yellow) are almost unreadable when viewed with a non-dark scheme. I understand some favor dark scheme, but if the purpose is to have a variations of schemes, then color of text should be adjusted so that it remains readable for whatever theme is selected.

There, I've expressed how I feel about it :wackywink:

Note taken,fixing as we speak. ;) Unread topic badge is going to be removed. 

Thanks for taking your time to express yourself. :)

Cheers,

Igor

On my browser it's not as easy to differentiate between bold and non-bolded, so I preferred having a badge. If the badge stays gone, I'll SOMEHOW manage to continue living though. :wackywink:

It's awesome that you guys are revamping the forum and design.  Currently all the theme designs are so old and heavy.  How about some nice flat design, modern, less strokes and drop shadows. 

It's not about badges and countdown timers (that fall so far below the fold they never get seen) it's about easily finding our way to content, answers and contests. 

Edited by haam
    because i like editing

• Topic Author
  • It's awesome that you guys are revamping the forum and design.  Currently all the theme designs are so old and heavy.  How about some nice flat design, modern, less strokes and drop shadows.  #nooffense!

It's not about badges and countdown timers (that fall so far below the fold they never get seen) it's about easily finding our way to content, answers and contests. 

Hi haam

thanks for taking time to make a point. Yes,we are aware of pretty much everything. But we can't do much,because there are restrictions by our knowledge of coding for web and there are not much themes out there for this version of IPS,but we are going to introduce one completely new theme this or next week for sure. We also considering to hire someone to make everything from scratch,that way we would have so much more control over forum design etc.

Cheers,

Igor

Igor - No problem!  I love the cafe, I'm just an opinionated old designer lol!  

I always have an issue with the 3D community. It seems like once most of my fellow 3D Generalists leave the 3D environment (i.e. websites, print, branding) they forget to make things look as beautiful as they do in their scenes! No to mention, like you said, this and most forums are set up without the ability to make pretty.

Anyway, I wish you guys good luck.  Here's some (vanilla) inspiration! http://themesteam.com/cube/