• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Igor

New Features/Themes Discussion

New Features  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Theme's variations?

• Yes
    • No
    • Waste of time!

• Topic Author
  • Igor - No problem!  I love the cafe, I'm just an opinionated old designer lol!  

I always have an issue with the 3D community. It seems like once most of my fellow 3D Generalists leave the 3D environment (i.e. websites, print, branding) they forget to make things look as beautiful as they do in their scenes! No to mention, like you said, this and most forums are set up without the ability to make pretty.

Anyway, I wish you guys good luck.  Here's some (vanilla) inspiration! http://themesteam.com/cube/

We love this Cafe and community for sure and we have some neat plans for the future,but we need time to make everything ready etc. 

Closest to theme you provided is this one https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/7726-haze-by-ips-themes/ ...would this be something you could look at? :)

Regards,

Igor

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

...would this be something you could look at? :)

ABSOLUTELY!  That's lovely, organized, easy to read and very modern.  I have a feeling we're in good hands!

• Topic Author
  •  

ABSOLUTELY!  That's lovely, organized, easy to read and very modern.  I have a feeling we're in good hands!

Great,I'll see that we take that theme next week. Or I will try to make something like that from a new theme we introduce yesterday.

Thanks for advices,keep them coming. ;)

Cheers,

Igor

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

• Topic Author
  • I dont really like either of the new themes... 

but in the last 1 or 2 days, something changed with the "default" theme, which is the one i like most. The text seems to have gotten very grey, and now there is not enough contrast between it and the background. Could someone maybe change that?

[edit]: just looked again: ips support (default) works well and looks nice. 

Hi Vozzz

did you able to try NEW theme we introduce few days ago? :)

Cheers,

Igor

Hi Igor,

You are talking about the ipbForo? its nice. Just the white 1px strokes everywhere are a bit strong i think. if they where darker, or simply removed i think it would look much cleaner. 

But i do like it. its pretty easy on the eyes. 

maybe make the edges, the same as the background color? ( as in screenshot here)

E6P6u.jpg

• Topic Author
  • Hi Igor,

You are talking about the ipbForo? its nice. Just the white 1px strokes everywhere are a bit strong i think. if they where darker, or simply removed i think it would look much cleaner. 

But i do like it. its pretty easy on the eyes. 

maybe make the edges, the same as the background color? ( as in screenshot here)

E6P6u.jpg

What about now? I spend few hours and still trying to make it as clean as possible. 

Regards,

Igor

Nice set of new themes, I like that there's a reasonable amount to pick from. It allows me to pick and choose depending on what mood I'm in, especially dark ones.  Not sure I like being referred to as an 'oldtimer' though, lmao.  My eyes and hands maybe starting to breakdown early, but I'm still only 39 and not quite ready for the scrapheap yet!  How about 'geriatric' or 'fossil'  lol.

Jim

• Topic Author
  • Nice set of new themes, I like that there's a reasonable amount to pick from. It allows me to pick and choose depending on what mood I'm in, especially dark ones.  Not sure I like being referred to as an 'oldtimer' though, lmao.  My eyes and hands maybe starting to breakdown early, but I'm still only 39 and not quite ready for the scrapheap yet!  How about 'geriatric' or 'fossil'  lol.

Jim

We will have one more unique theme and some more variations and I hope that would be enough to please some. "Cafe Oldtimer" dose not represent age of the person,but instead how long that person is here with us. 

Our apologies if that sounds offensive. We just want to have unique/funny/not boring tags/names for our members. Like for example nitroman2007 ,I gave him a Plugin Virtuoso tag,and I think wee all know why is that. :)

And thanks for commenting,any suggestions are more than welcome. ;)

Regards,

Igor

No offensive taken Igor.  I did find the name 'Oldtimer' funny, I'm just not ready to be one yet.:lol:

Regards

Jim

• Topic Author
  • No offensive taken Igor.  I did find the name 'Oldtimer' funny, I'm just not ready to be one yet.:lol:

Regards

Jim

Well,thats great to hear. :)

Cheers,

Igor

• Topic Author
  • Guys I made many changes to forum design,I hope you like it. If you find something not readable,please let me know.

Regards,

Igor

• BLOGS / NEWS & SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS

About Us

C4D Cafe is the largest Cinema 4D community. We provide facilities for discussion, showcasing and learning our favourite software.
    Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, watch tutorials directly from our video gallery,  get your own private messenger, post and upload images, manage your profile and much more. If you need to find solution to your problem or otherwise ask for help, C4D Cafe is the right place to be for learning 3D.  :cowboypistol: